Gordius programming buttons for scenes?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
So I just bought a used Gordius LGX2 from a forum member. I won't have it for a few days while it's being shipped, but I already DL'd the Control Center editor and installed it (have the CC for FCB1010 already).

My plan was to start pre-programming a layout for my use, as I have a good idea of what I want to me able to do.

I'd like to use "native" scenes in the Axe Fx II, so I am trying to figure out how to program a button as a scene switch so that:

1. The LED for selected patch (Axe Fx preset) stays ON
  2. The LED for the selected seen goes ON
  3. The LED for any previously selected scene goes OFF

I'd also like to have buttons for scenes 2-8 "toggle" between the specified scene and scene 1, so that stepping on a scene button once selects that scene and stepping on it again selects scene 1.

If need be, I would be fine to have the active scene LED be blinking while the preset LED stays solid...

Thanks - I know somebody will enlighten me :)

You'll need to do some extensive programming for that using if..then..else.
I'm using something similar for my amp banks.
I got five amp banks (top switches) and a default (bank 0)
when selecting one bank the led lights up and the led of th other amp bank goes out.
When deselecting an amp bank it goes to the default amp bank (bank o)
So I should be able to adapt that kind of programming.
Once you got it, let me know and I'll see if I can help.
I've got a setup where all the IA's are already programmed.

FYI, with the Gordius you do not need scenes but you can use them.

Thanks!

I set up some macros that I think will work in conjunction with stompbox buttons... I'll see once it arrives. Each scene button sends the "on" for the respective scene and then the "off" for the other scenes but with the "don't send midi" checkbox checked. Essentially it would just turn off whatever other scene LEDs are on to off.

I thought about a bunch of if/then/else logic but I think this might be easier.

Also, I do realize I don't need scenes but I like how they work and I can also use them with no midi controller hooked up :)

There's a setup file in the afx2lg zip that you can take a look at. It contains programming for scenes.

Thanks - I'll take a look at that... I had seen it but wasn't sure it was something I would want/need.

You might not need the tools themselves but the LG example setup file could be helpful as a reference. Just open it up in control center and browse around.

You could do this: in the group of Gordius "https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GORDIUS/info" at the top you can find in the "FILES" and "LGX2/Axefx2" a template called "BOBset 13 -5-25.lgp "that can be for you to understand how to program scenes. The settings are suitable for the pedal LGX2 extended to 13 switches, where the buttons 1-8 are dedicated to change the patches (belonging to banks controlled by the UP-DOWN) buttons 9-13 are dedicated to changing scenes of individual patches (only limited to the first 20 patches but you can extended to all patches), D1 switch for assign and change 13 effects for the patches and the D2 switch for tap tempo, tuning, and 5 switches for Looper. I hope I have been of help to you

Thanks - as soon as a moderator approves my access I will check that out.

Been waiting since Friday night for approval :(

You might not need the tools themselves but the LG example setup file could be helpful as a reference. Just open it up in control center and browse around.

Ok - I opened that example file, and funnily enough the examples for scenes are almost exactly the same as what I programmed... The only difference being that I set the second stream for each scene to revert to scene1 on the 2nd press. I still want to investigate the tape-tempo, tuner, etc...

Looking further at the PATCH buttons I think I overlooked needing to reset the scene (LEDs) to scene1 on patch change, so I will want to incorporate that, too.

Also, the use of the "Scene" variable in the scenes is a good example of using variables...

Thanks again for pointing me to this - it's very helpful!

Kevin

You'll need to do some extensive programming for that using if..then..else.
I'm using something similar for my amp banks.
I got five amp banks (top switches) and a default (bank 0)
when selecting one bank the led lights up and the led of th other amp bank goes out.
When deselecting an amp bank it goes to the default amp bank (bank o)
So I should be able to adapt that kind of programming.
Once you got it, let me know and I'll see if I can help.
I've got a setup where all the IA's are already programmed.

FYI, with the Gordius you do not need scenes but you can use them.

Hey MisterE - I noticed that over on TGP you posted a thread here in which you had some nice labels on the LG-X. Where did you get those? Are they magnetic? I'd like to get something like that going for myself so I can keep track of the various functions of my "standard" banks and direct banks.

Thanks,

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom