Good places to buy 12ma in US?

rhequiem

Inspired
I recently took my first tentative step into going FRFR with my Ultra, and bought a QSC K12 to run it through. I like it, but am curious about trying the Verve 12ma, based on the rave reviews from reputable forumites here. Can you guys make any suggestions where I can get a 12ma in the US at a reasonable price? It seems like they are close to $1k, but I remember reading some forumites finding them new for a bit over $700. Is this still accurate? I tried doing some searching for US FBT retailers, but have yet been able to really find any. I would love to hear your experiences and suggestions with FBT resellers that offer good pricing and service. Thanks!

Thanks, Sixstring. That was actually the one place I had found them at hehe They seem to be out of stock right now, though. I see they have them for $1000, but have coupons and a "request a price quote" feature that seems to let them discount their items significantly. I understand that the Verve mA line seems to be somewhat difficult to keep stock in the US. I wonder if any US retailers have them available now, and at a good price? Anyone have any other suggestions?

rhequiem said:
Thanks, Sixstring. That was actually the one place I had found them at hehe They seem to be out of stock right now, though. I see they have them for $1000, but have coupons and a "request a price quote" feature that seems to let them discount their items significantly. I understand that the Verve mA line seems to be somewhat difficult to keep stock in the US. I wonder if any US retailers have them available now, and at a good price? Anyone have any other suggestions?

Wow they went quick! I read a post and saw they had just received a shipment and now there out of stock? Have you tried Front end audio?
http://www.frontendaudio.com/ProductDet ... lick=18920

I got mine at Springtree a while back. Paid $699 plus shipping 2 summers ago. I havent seen them on their site in a while. It may be worth emailing them for availability.

It looks like Front End Audio has them stock, though they seem to be significantly more expensive there than RMC and Springtree. Springtree was the site that I remember reading about in the thread I mentioned in a previous post, where the forumite got the great deal on a new 12ma (maybe it was you, Dojo!). I will email them and see if they still carry or can get them, even though their product search doesn't show any FBT stuff. Thanks for the suggestions so far. If I can't find a deal on one, I may just grab a used one that I have a lead on, even though it's more than dojo paid for his new.

rhequiem said:
Thanks, Sixstring. That was actually the one place I had found them at hehe They seem to be out of stock right now, though.

As has been the case for as long as I can remember. I want a 12ma but honestly I've stopped even checking if they're in stock because they never are. I'll just wait another few years until the hype dies down I guess. Lol. Of course by then they'll be $2,000.

I got my pair from Springtree last week after 4 months of delays and almost giving up.

They sound great but their US availability is a problem, and gawd help us if we ever need a part.

Kerin at Springtree was great to deal with.

I talked to Pete and Springtree earlier today, and he was a really cool guy to deal with. He said that FBT is *very* flakey about the quantities that they FBT says they are sending and the amount they actually ship, and Springtree and their customers were getting tired of it. I guess that's why they don't list the FBT stuff on their site anymore. He said he'd check to see if they had any in stock and get back to me. Cool dude

RMC audio had them in stock - probably still do. I ordered mine Monday 1/3 and got it Thursday 1/6 (and wow it sounds amazing even with the noob patches I made on my 2 day old Axe!).

I also had to place my order on the phone since I was using a separate shipping address from the billing address and was glad I did; the sales rep gave me a 10% discount :)

Thinking of selling a few shares from the portfolio and getting a second one...

RMC audio had them in stock - probably still do. I ordered mine Monday 1/3 and got it Thursday 1/6 (and wow it sounds amazing even with the noob patches I made on my 2 day old Axe!).

I also had to place my order on the phone since I was using a separate shipping address from the billing address and was glad I did; the sales rep gave me a 10% discount :)

Thinking of selling a few shares from the portfolio and getting a second one...

I just got mine today. Agreed, it rocks!

I called them on the phone to make sure they were in stock before I ordered. The guy said yes and mentioned the 10% discount. He basically hung up on me without even offering to sell me one over the phone. So I went ahead and ordered online and put in the order notes the sales rep's mentioning of the discount. Well....NO DISCOUNT. Charged me the full $999. Subsequent emails have gone unanswered.

I think there's a coupon code that you enter to get the 10% discount online, Iceman. It's like RC10-2010. It's on their site. Hopefully they'll refund that for you

iceman said:
I just got mine today. Agreed, it rocks!

I called them on the phone to make sure they were in stock before I ordered. The guy said yes and mentioned the 10% discount. He basically hung up on me without even offering to sell me one over the phone. So I went ahead and ordered online and put in the order notes the sales rep's mentioning of the discount. Well....NO DISCOUNT. Charged me the full $999. Subsequent emails have gone unanswered.

Surprise, surprise. Looks like the Margin Recovery Program is fully operational.

Back
Top Bottom