Good options for buffer, DI, and reamp?

JustinAiken

Inspired
I need a buffer, because I'm going through a 15 foot cable, into two true-bypass pedals, through 18 feet more to the amp...

I need reamping, for well, reamping...

I need DI (with a thru) for well, reamping...

I'd really like a MW1 Studio Tool, but that's probably out of my price range... then again, by the time I buy all 3 of those products, it'll probably be close to $800 anyways...

Thoughts anyone?

"Lehle Sunday Driver" is a good buffer but there are cheaper buffers out there (e.g. some people use a Boss tuner).

For reamping I'm using X-Amp from radial. The best and most flexible DI I've ever used (and use extensively) is the Radial JDV Mk3 Super DI. In addition to the XLR out, it's got a thru, extra active outputs and can also provide amp like impedance load (and several other practical features). You can also get a reamping package from radial that includes the X-amp and a J48 DI. The J48 is a very good DI but doesn't have all the options that the mk3 has and slightly less headroom (mk3's headroom is huge). The J48 does have a thru, so maybe it's just what you need. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ReampKit/

I have the MW-1 and I recommend it highly. Very versatile. Yes it seems expensive but it comes in handy for more than you'd expect. I also use it's impedance altering features for vocals and guitars sometimes. It can add some cool tone.

I had a weird problem with the power supply after I moved to China from Seattle, and let me tell you, they have awesome customer service!

Is a DI box necessary for reamping with the axe-fx? I've never used one, and not sure it's complete purpose..
Does it just basically make the tone "better" live and in the studio? :|

I became more interested when reading a quote from a member in a thread in the amps cabs board,
Lately I have been trying a tube direct box straight into
the rear input instead of the front panel input and have found my method of choice
while in the studio with the Axe Fx.
Is this Radial JDV MK3 ($400 :shock:) or other DI box worth it for reamping, studio, and maybe live use too with the Axe-fx?

hp/mp said:
Is a DI box necessary for reamping with the axe-fx? I've never used one, and not sure it's complete purpose..

For recording a dry, unprocessed tone into your DAW, for later tweaking...

Back
Top Bottom