Good.. now can we begin to wait for a possible "AX9"?

Can't fit a stack of Marshalls into a floor pedal either. And as an added bonus, the AX8 won't smoke dope with your girlfriend while you are on stage. That's a big plus right there.

But you're never going to get the Axe III in a floorboard, because if it were possible, it would have been released as such. Just like Helix was. There is much more commercial potential for it in floorboard form then in a rack form. After all, how many people use the rack version of the Helix over the floorboard? So AX-9 will be a an Axe III light, just like AX-8 was an Axe II light. Although it might be that a possible AX-9 would be closer, if not better then the Axe II.....

Yup.. like you say.. won’t be the latest and greatest tech, but I’m practically certain that the wizards at Fractal are at-least envisioning much-better tech for a floor-based product.

Was considering an Axe III ..but, like has been pointed out, it’s not the ideal form factor for grab and go portability. Was just now eyeballing a triplet of Strymon options to handle modulation, reverb and delay, to free-up some processor headroom.. but.. I have a sneaking suspicion that I’ll be wasting my money and am trying to keep things simple.

Have done-travelled the impressively stuffed rack-route. Done with that. ..what I like about the AX8 is that it sounds great, it’s all-in-one simplicity, and it’s infinitely more portable.

..I can wait for the extra processing power of what I’m sure will eventually come down the pipes in a floor based unit. I’m happy with the sound I get from the AX8, just wish it had a little more headroom is all. Done experimenting. I finally found a modeler I like. I’m sticking with Fractal. I’m sure whatever is to come will be worth the wait.

“Never” is a really long time. I’m pretty certain something with comparable level of power will eventually be available in a floorboard from Fractal. Some time after AxeFx IV.

Back
Top Bottom