Good intro FRFR cab

Good intro FRFR cab?

Haven't been on the forums in a while and recently upgraded to v12. I've been rocking in headphones and realized that I'm missing out on a little something using my traditional cabs and would like to try a FRFR cab.

Looking for suggestions. It can be powered or passive, I have a Matrix Gt1000 available to drive a cab. Would like to be able to keep up with a moderately loud rock band.

Not looking for any waiting list products, although I know many of them are popular.

Last edited:
Depending on your price point and what exactly you're looking for in a cab/monitor... I can highly suggest the Xitones. Mick at Xitone will not only give you amazing customer service, but his cab construction is top quality and extremely road worthy. Since he makes every cab by hand, you'd have to check with him on his schedule, but he can have a cab complete in a pretty short time if you're looking for a timely turnaround from your order date.

If you're like many players, you may prefer something like the Matrix NL212, which isn't an FRFR setup, but I hear it gives a full range tone (not sure how exactly) as well as the true "amp in the room" feel, which many love. Matrix also has great customer service that I can't say enough positives about.

Either way, I'm sure you can't go wrong and both will work great with the AFX. Let us know which way you go.

Reactions: LVC
I'm looking hard at the xitone passive wedge. Really good reviews and available within a few weeks of order.

Ok - let me amend that. I am buying one as soon as I hear back from Mick 8)

My wife gave me the thumbs-up tonight!

I'll consider anything so long as they can keep up with a band and are in stock.

If you are open on the budget -- I would take a serious look at the Matrix GT1000FX amp and their Q12. It will most certainly more than keep up with a band -- as a matter of fact I will guarantee you your mates will tell you to turn it down :lol

With this setup you will also have the flexibility of using real cabs with your system as well.

If you are open on the budget -- I would take a serious look at the Matrix GT1000FX amp and their Q12. It will most certainly more than keep up with a band -- as a matter of fact I will guarantee you your mates will tell you to turn it down :lol

With this setup you will also have the flexibility of using real cabs with your system as well.

+1 on that combo.

Ok - let me amend that. I am buying one as soon as I hear back from Mick 8)

My wife gave me the thumbs-up tonight!

Big congratulations! I absolutely LOVE my two Xitone Wedges. So much sound and punch for such a great price, and the built quality is outstanding.

Reactions: LVC
I've been very satisfied with the Atomic CLR Active Wedge for FRFR, even in a live club setting. I've used powered monitors from both OSC and JBL, but found I really needed them pointed at my ears to get a consistent sound because they are so directional. I switched to Atomic; much fuller/fatter sound and they sound great no matter where I am on stage. Very, very happy with the wedge.

Back
Top Bottom