GOO GOO Dolls just posted this fractal picture

RONJONES2020

Inspired
Love these guys and thank god for my variax guitar so I can actually play their wacky tunings.

e71lro.jpg

Heh...I use both the Axe-Fx and the GR-55, and both come in handy for the Goo-Goo Dolls stuff. In fact the Roland pickup is on a Variax 700, but the Variax electronics are not reliable for live use (I've got an intermittent pickup that I haven't traced down), so I'm just using the Variax as a platform for the Roland synth.

But my GR-55 is on the other side of the MFC-101, lol.

Are you John Rzeznik?? If so I bow to you sir!!

I have a GR-55 as well but my Variax JTV 89-F is very reliable and far more convenient especially when running into the Axe.

Please let me know who you are before I kiss your ass too much. LOL.

Are you John Rzeznik?? If so I bow to you sir!!...

Nah, nowhere near, lol.

I use the Roland mostly with a mostly-acoustic classic rock cover band, and that's just on about 1/4 of the songs. (I'm the electric embellishment on the side.) It's handy for strings and choirs and the occasional mistuned guitar. Getting started in a Pink Floyd tribute band and still haven't decided if I want to use the Roland for acoustic and electric guitar parts on some songs or if I should get the Variax worked on so I can use it through my Fractal rig. The Roland amp and guitar models are OK, but not great. (Of course, I'm using a Strat on any songs I can.)

Hi guys!
I was wondering if there was a way to play Iris without all the weird tunings from the Goo Goo Dolls, using pitch block.
Thanks!

Hi guys!
I was wondering if there was a way to play Iris without all the weird tunings from the Goo Goo Dolls, using pitch block.
Thanks!

The pitch block in the axe (nor any other pitch pedal made by anyone) is not a substitute for a hex pickup in a guitar (like it the L6 Variax). You can't pull out individual strings and retune them without a pickup that outputs each string individually. So, no is the sort answer.

There are plenty of guys on YouTube who have arranged this song for a standard tuned guitar though.

Back
Top Bottom