going to play my first gig with axe-fx today

kurtr2

...at Rochester Jazz Festival with my band.... Im excited and a little scared! at the moment i have my Ultra programmed to be playing through two fender twin reverbs, at home it sounds good and i know those amps well. but i also have a brand new axe-fx 2 with me but just out of the box. i imagine that i will eventually, hopefully soon on this tour, replace the ultra with the 2 and go with FRFR's.

I'm deep in it here Fractal Folks!

cheers,
Kurt Rosenwinkel

It's a scary thing to 'let go' and give it a rip. You'll be fine. It's a process; once you find that comfort level and get it dialed it, it will - IMHO - far surpass any of your expectations and replace the unknown anxiety with a lot of fun.

welcome aboard kurt! i also use the axe fx 2 for the effects only in front of a tube amp (a redplate blackloop 1x12) and have had excellent results. i tried to go the FRFR route a couple of years ago but it didn't work out too well- it sounded fine at home but was seriously underpowered when i tried to gig with it. if you do go that route, then i would seriously consider getting 2 of them. effects-wise, the ultra and the axe fx 2 are not that far apart although the reverb and wah's in the 2 just got a pretty serious overhaul. we are all hoping now that the amp simulations have been upgraded quite a bit over the last couple of years, that the effects are next in line for a serious upgrade

As a huge fan of yours. Im so glad to hear. Hoping to get some patches some time. Maybe?? :)

With your talent you don't need to be scared. You can play on anything and make it sound superb and the Axe-Fx won't let you down!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cem
Kurt, the AxeFX is just amazing with all the quality and depth. I can't wait to hear you through an AxeFX. Your work has been very inspirational to myself and others, btw!

I wonder how it went. The lineup for the Rochester JF was just ridiculous. Welcome aboard Kurt. I've enjoyed your playing greatly and hope you enjoy the ride with the Axe II. It's evolved to a great level, particularly for someone who needs great cleans like you do.

Good to hear! I hope the gig went well!

I find it hard to play the axe through amps I don't know, since no two fender twins are really the same.

Jens

Back
Top Bottom