Going to create my first gigging preset and not quite sure which way is most efficient

If I had to be specific and narrow it down to my most used tones, it would be something like this:

1. Clean Fender sound. Light Compression.

2. Light drive sound. Think Jan Ray with the gain set to 9 o clock into a clean fender amp or a Vox Style amp set to edge of break up

3. Medium gain. Think Tube Screamer or Zendrive with gain about half way.

On/Off access to the following. I would need to be able to add these to the first 3 core tones:

4. Klon Style boost after the first 3 base tones (clean, light, medium) set to give me more saturation and volume boost

5. Klon style boost with a delay, also set for more saturation and volume boost

6. Basic Trem sound

7. Basic phaser sound. Phase 90 type with rate about 10 o clock

8. Basic 80s style chorus

9. Delay. If I narrowed it down, the only delay sounds I use would be a slap and a basic quarter note delay set to 2-3 repeats. nothing fancy. Sometimes I like to add delay to whatever clean sound I'm using for ballads, etc.

I'll add a wah and an always-on subtle reverb to everything in the preset as well.

Since we only do a few really high gain songs, I can use a different preset entirely for the high gain 80s stuff, and set that up with a Marshall/Soldano style amp with choruses, delays, etc. to do that style and let that preset be it's own thing.

I'm thinking for my main gig sounds, I can narrow it down to one preset by going with what I mentioned above.

Question now is..........do I utilize channels and multiple amps?

I could use the fender style amp for the cleans and medium gain sounds (with the tube screamer in front of the fender) and bring in the vox style amp for breakup sounds.
What's your hardware? Any expression pedals (seems like maybe at least one for the wah)? External switches?

Back
Top Bottom