Going GAS-less in 2013

Longhair

Inspired
I'm pretty happy with all the music gear that I have today to the point of making an effort not to make any gear related purchases in 2013.

The only exceptions are maintenance items (picks, strings, replace broken parts as needed) and parts for an incoming guitar kit.

Haven't got an amp anymore, but I rrrreally like those Bogner pedals... All 3 of them. Yummie.
Good videos on the Bogner site and by Pete Thorn.

I'm pretty happy with all the music gear that I have today to the point of making an effort not to make any gear related purchases in 2013.

The only exceptions are maintenance items (picks, strings, replace broken parts as needed) and parts for an incoming guitar kit.
.... and after you've built your guitar you'll use that experience to build another only faster and with some modified hardware after learning from building the first one ......

There is no escape .... abandon all hope ;)

I am very happy with my rig [FXII and MFC-101]. Just when I think it can't get any better, a new firmware release comes, and it gets better. I do not plan to make any changes to my stage rig or recording process. I never thought I'd say that, but thanks to FAS, I have the best tone I ever had. Thanks FAS!!!

As for guitars, I have a bunch. I have been collecting them for many decades now. I have never had a "favorite", as I tend to use the guitar that best serves the song. I guess I really can't say that anymore, as I have recently developed a great fondness for my Carvin DC-400. The more I play it, the more I like it, and the more I like it, the more I play it. It is extremely versatile, stays in great tune, and just sounds killer through my rig. I gig a lot, and a lot of guitarists will ask me about my gear after the gigs. The amp snobs are floored that I just use the Fractal, and the guitar snobs are floored that the pu's in the Carvin are stock. I don't use any standard presets for my tones, but did use a few to give me a great starting tone. Some I tweaked a lot, and some just a tad. Point being, I am not GASSING like I used to. Fractal is the best gear I ever bought. I just do not see myself making any changes to my rig. But I wholeheartedly agree with Sidivan about never ending guitar quest. I already have my eye on another DC-400 for a back up.

GAS-less for a year..? Nah, it simply can't happen...

...it mustn't!
laughing.gif

Back
Top Bottom