Going FOH and CAB

Rockcop44

I'm currently running output 1 to my FRFR and output 3 to my SD Powerstage to my 2x12. In the manual it says that if you're going to a cab, then you should switch the output mode in the advanced settings from FRFR to SS PWR Cab. But in my setup, Im using an FRFR and a Cab....Any suggestions? Thank You!

I almost always run my III and FM3 to both types of outputs using the SS PWR Cab option. It seems slightly more dynamic and rawer to me. But I also use a light amount of thump and speaker compression as well (which is advised for FRFR over cab), so I'm not following any particular "rules" or best practices. I don't feel like the FOH sound is compromised in a noticeable or significant way, and any additional toneshaping can happen at the FOH board anyways.

I almost always run my III and FM3 to both types of outputs using the SS PWR Cab option. It seems slightly more dynamic and rawer to me. But I also use a light amount of thump and speaker compression as well (which is advised for FRFR over cab), so I'm not following any particular "rules" or best practices. I don't feel like the FOH sound is compromised in a noticeable or significant way, and any additional toneshaping can happen at the FOH board anyways.
How do you add the thump and compression?

In the speaker tab of the amp block. To my ears, thump brings the bass frequencies forward, and seems to slightly duck the mids and trebles, whereas speaker drive (that's what I originally meant and not compression), seems to soften the trebles specifically without touching the mids or low end as much. Someone may clarify the specifics of what those parameters do, but they almost function as a type of multiband compression in which various parts of the frequency spectrum are compressed based on the parameter. All of that said, I find I'm always looking for slightly more dynamic variation from my actual cabs (again, let FOH take care of compressing things on their end), so it's only a touch of those speaker parameters for shaping.

Back
Top Bottom