GnR Paradise City

Ole

Power User
Wondering if anyone made a preset for the clean, chorus beginning of PC?
If so, it would be much appriciated, as I am having problems creating something close.

I think it takes a two Amp preset or two presets to pull off Slash's clean and Marshall tones.

I would start with factory patch "80's clean" and tweak it from there.

I can't get my Brit Silver preset, the one for the dirty parts, to clean up and sound like the clean on the track. Slash might have used a Mesa for that clean section and his Marshall for the dirty parts.

Live Slash just uses the Marshall's and rolls off the guitar volume. But it doesn't sound like the record. There is still some noticeable break up.

Am wondering if any of the 31 that downloaded the preset tried it out.
Maybe the lack of comments is cus it is really really bad, or maybe it is so good that they cant stop playing and write a comment :)
Anyways, good or bad critics are really welcome.

Your patch sounds fine to me on the bridge pickup of my Les Paul, Ole.

IIRC, Slash said in old interviews that the really clean parts he did on Appetite were recorded using a Roland JC-120.

Reactions: Ole
Am wondering if any of the 31 that downloaded the preset tried it out.
Maybe the lack of comments is cus it is really really bad, or maybe it is so good that they cant stop playing and write a comment :)
Anyways, good or bad critics are really welcome.

You can download from AxeChange without even visiting the forums. Chances are most of the 31 downloads didn't even see your post, just an FYI

Back
Top Bottom