GnR - AFD

macphistoo

Inspired
Hello,

Here is my preset for pure AFD tone (try Nightrain :) )

v10.02
Use the amp input trim to adjust with your pickups (PAF-type on mine).

Please tell me what do you think.

EDIT: not corrupted file this time (dumped using midiOX).

Attachments

• GnR-AFD100.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I tried to use the preset but only scene 2 have sound and it sounds very muffled. I tried to downloaded it again and used fractal bot and the axe edit, both with the same results?

Very strange, maybe an issue during my export that was made using Axe Edit. I will check after my vacations ;)

The preset is basically a brit super with all controls around 6-7 (only the MV at 3.5). Cabs are stereo with one greenback mix + v30 from OH. I also put a Peq in front of the amp to cut some high frequencies.

I will upload it again when I will be back home, on saturday. Any idea how can I correctly dump the preset using midiOX ?

I got together with another forum member (levipeto) last weekend and he completely nailed some AFD era Slash tone while we were hanging. Helps that he has the Custom Shop Slash model Les Paul and he's a great player. But it was interesting to see how he got there by using a pair of unexpected (to me) cab IR's and then dialing in some advanced parameters on the Plexi 100.

On a related note, I've been listening to AFD this week as a result and Nightrain is still my favorite tune to this day. Just a killer track.. love Slash's solo and how it changes gears several times. Always wondered if it was chopped together from multiple takes vs. more planned out.

I believe that there is a sysex monitor in MIDI-OX. I am pretty sure that you just open that up with it monitoring the AxeFXII's MIDI output port and then go to the front panel, UTILITY->PRESET and hit ENTER for DUMP PRESET TO MIDI. Either save the data in the monitor or copy and paste it into notepad and save it with a .syx extension (not sure about that last part). I'm pretty sure that you can save it straight to a sysex file.

Back
Top Bottom