Global Waiting List, Now.

Hmmmmmm.... I am now waiting on a pair of Senn headphones that are readily available at brick and mortar stores in Europe yet not even available in the US online. Hmmmm... I suppose I should call and email Sennheiser with my views on how they should run their business and distrubute their product since they obviously dont meet MY needs.

Or I'll just be patient and wait for them to get here...:lol

I'd like to hear more about these headphones...??? What model???

I'd like to hear more about these headphones...??? What model???

RS 220 - their new wireless. I had purchased the 180's last month when another poster here informed me of them. They are "supposed" to be the wireless equivalent of the HD 600 series. I have a pair of HD 650's and like them a lot. I want a pair of quality wireless for maneuverability. Supposedly they are coming to the US within weeks. Hopefully!

I think I have the RS 120 set, which I'm almost afraid to use because there's a (surprisingly) short timer that turns the transmitter off if the input level hasn't been high enough for some time.. and at that point the headphones start to scream static at my ears. I don't know if its just this model, or what. No controls related to this thing either, just a frequency selector.

No store in Europe agrees to send the headphones over to the US?

The RS 180's I returned sounded pretty good. No static or disconnects. I only returned them because someone mentioned they had seen the better 220's on shelves. I had never heard of them and when I read a few reviews they compared them to the HD 600-650's. I am in no rush and they say they will be available here within a few weeks. No biggie.

I get extremely angry thinking about this, so if anyone wants to successfully troll unhappy Europeans, here's your target.

The moment competition puts enough money into research and development and finally ends FAS' technological monopoly is the day FAS ceases. This may never happen, but God I hope so. Not because I would rather buy a Line6 product, but because FAS could need some ****ing competition to keep them on their toes about picking business and distribution strategies.

troll unhappy Europeans

Don't know why but this seems like a great name for an Indie band: Troll Unhappy Europeans
Thanks for the suggestion! Though my #1 candidate for a new band name still is: Sons of Khadaffi.
Okay, back on-topic: headphones.

Last edited:
Okay, back on-topic: headphones.
Sorry Yek, the topic is: Global Waiting List Now. And I have to agree on that point. I've posted numerous times. It shouldn't be that hard to do. Certainly not as hard as modelling an amp ;) Everyone would be happy and there would be less chance of Axe-Fx II's being sold in Europe on Ebay. So G66 wouldn't be losing as much customers. Which would seem fair considering the the good service they provide.

Cobbler,
I don't know if Senheiser actually states the latency but they are using the Kleer wireless protocol (very good). I talked with an engineer from Kleer and there is a finite latency (2-3 mS) and as you would expect it is a data throughput vs. latency trade.

Bottom line, make sure you can return them if that is too much.. I have some Sony MDR600 (IIRC) that are digital wireless and have ~10mS (guess) latency... Not useable for playing guitar at night, great for TV though..

FYI..
Pete

Cobbler,
I don't know if Senheiser actually states the latency but they are using the Kleer wireless protocol (very good). I talked with an engineer from Kleer and there is a finite latency (2-3 mS) and as you would expect it is a data throughput vs. latency trade.

Bottom line, make sure you can return them if that is too much.. I have some Sony MDR600 (IIRC) that are digital wireless and have ~10mS (guess) latency... Not useable for playing guitar at night, great for TV though..

FYI..
Pete

I would certainly return them if the latency is an issue. They boast low latency but well see. Thanks for the heads up.I didnt seem to notice it in the 180's which also use the Kleer technology.

Now I am reading a Jan 2012 release here. Off to email those conspirators at Senn who told me two weeks on the phone 3 weeks ago. :)

Back
Top Bottom