Global wah would be awesome!

Save your fav wah as a block. When you build a new preset in AE it's just a click away. I use this all the time with my most used blocks. Saves your controller assignments as well.

Throw a wah block on the grid and select it from the drop down menu underneath wah types.

You CAN save your wah settings as a global block. You can even use up to 10 global blocks per effect!

I recommend experimenting with the wah settings though; I tend to use lower wah Q settings with amps that have less overdrive.

You CAN save your wah settings as a global block. You can even use up to 10 global blocks per effect!

I recommend experimenting with the wah settings though; I tend to use lower wah Q settings with amps that have less overdrive.

On the FX8?

You CAN save your wah settings as a global block. You can even use up to 10 global blocks per effect! I recommend experimenting with the wah settings though; I tend to use lower wah Q settings with amps that have less overdrive.
Of course. I know this can be done, but a global would save those steps and be useful.

I'm not sure I'm following. He's saying you can save as a global block which is what you were wanting to do.

Question is posted in the FX8 forum section, not Axe-Fx.
FX8 has no global blocks. Your suggested "block" approach is the next best approach.

D'oh sorry guys. I browse here by clicking the "New Posts" link which is great for seeing new posts and rubbish at reminding me which sub-forum I'm in. I was posting about the Axe-FX, not the FX-8. Maybe we could have colour-coded sub-forums for dummies like me :-(

Last edited:
Still uses up a block. Global volume does not, hence what I'd like the global wah to do.

Exactly. I have a global volume so I don't use a block for a volume pedal. If i could do the same with wah, it would open up some possibilities for me. Until I decide to use expression pedals for other things...

Exactly. I have a global volume so I don't use a block for a volume pedal. If i could do the same with wah, it would open up some possibilities for me. Until I decide to use expression pedals for other things...

Yes, this would be the downside. If you have one pedal dedicated to global volume and the other dedicated to global wah, then you could not use the pedals for anything else with the current FW functionality.

It would be very nice to have the option to override the global volume pedal assignment on a per-preset (or even per-scene) basis. If a global wah was added to the FW, I would not use the global wah without the ability to override the pedal assignment on a preset/scene basis.

Back
Top Bottom