Global volume control with switch instead of exp pedal?

I don't think the AX8 gives direct control over the on and off values of the pedal inputs, so you won't be able to select specific global levels to switch to. It would function like a mute switch going from full on to full off.

You'd need to use a volume block or other block output level instead of global volume, and then use modifier min/max settings to control the boost. You'd have to do that for each preset though.

Why not just add a Filter or EQ block to the end of the chain? You can tailor the boost for each preset, like +3 or 4db or whatever each preset / song needs. Set the bypass to be controlled by any Exp switch like a Boss FS5.

Why not just add a Filter or EQ block to the end of the chain? You can tailor the boost for each preset, like +3 or 4db or whatever each preset / song needs. Set the bypass to be controlled by any Exp switch like a Boss FS5.

Hi Jefferski
The problem for me with that approach is that the AX8 doesn't support global blocks; I find that a boost level that works at rehearsal volumes in our rehearsal space is usually not enough for gigging volumes / venues. So if I use a filter block on each preset as a volume boost, and then need to change the boost level I will have to do it to every preset, one by one. Not nearly as convenient as having a single knob that works globally, which is what Sonicsam's solution offers.

I use a volume pedal.
No need for any set levels. I ride the pedal throughout the night.
That way I can play loud clean rhythm or bring my overdrive sound back a bit if needed.
I don't know why everybody doesn't use it. Solves lots of problems.

Back
Top Bottom