Wish Global preset Pitch

I used to have kemper before i move to fractal. One function I used a lot was the global preset Detune when my hole song is detuned, so I can use the pitch block in the chain for other functions.

Last edited:
I guess this is just another flavour of "Can we have two Pitch Blocks on the FM9 please?" As explained in another thread this is probably because the FM9 doesn't have the power of its big brother to support that - either in another block format or as a global setting.

I don’t think that the FM9 is going to get a 2nd Pitch block, for good reasons. Also, even if it did, it wouldn’t be THE solution, because a Pitch block on the grid always uses CPU, even when bypassed.

So I did some out of the box thinking, just for brainstorming purposes and meant in a constructive way.

How about adding a Properties panel to each preset, that allows setting a limited set of preset-overall parameters? This could include the virtual capo. Difference with ‘two Pitch blocks’ approach is that the Capo would not take up CPU power when disabled.

Of course everything in the Properties panel would work across scenes, without channels and at fixed positions, either before the grid input or after the grid output, for architectural reasons. The latter would allow things like stereo enhancing en room ambience, without the normally required blocks.

Awaiting critical comments …

Possibly. The operating system / firmware interprets presets, and the beauty of that system is that it can skip parts it doesn't recognize.
Also, the preset format/template changes all the time.

Aha, I understood from comments in the past that it works that way. But this is clearly beyond my field of expertise. :)

Aha, I understood from comments in the past that it works that way. But this is clearly beyond my field of expertise. :)
The only thing that can vary in the presets is the block's internal numbers and their parameters count

I used to have kemper before i move to fractal. One function I used a lot was the global preset Detune when my hole song is detuned, so I can use the pitch block in the chain for other functions.
Doing this would add additional latency to every preset, on top of any latency added by blocks in individual presets.

Back
Top Bottom