Global power amp

Hello all!

I've had my Ultra for about a year.. Just noticed something. I run my signal exactly like this :

Strandberg OS 6 > Line 6 G90 wireless> Input 1 of Axe Fx Ultra> Channel 1 ART SLA 2 200 watt solid state power amp> Orange Crush Pro 4x12> My ears.

I went on tour in March of 2016, tweaked all of my patches to be ran in a live setting, sometimes not mic'd. I just today noticed that under my global settings, my power amp was selected to "ON." I switched it off and it has effected most of my effects. I think this is why Ive had trouble dialing in tones that I am after because my Axe Fx has been simulating a power amp section when I've been running a 200 watt solid-state power amp to power 4 x 12's?? What is the correct global setting according to my set up.. Thanks!

I would leave power amp modeling on using a solid state amp. it is the cab block you may not want since you are using a 4x12 guitar cab.

I can only say for Axe Fx II, but for that you want it ON when using a flat amp such as the SLA.

The SLA is a reference amp and so is designed to be flat and not impart any "color". By setting power amp modeling to ON, you get the color from the modeled amp... And that's what you want.

So if and when I upgrade my rig to a Mesa 2:90 or Mesa 2:100 I'd be better to run the Global power amp off so that I could let the tube color come through the signal?

So if and when I upgrade my rig to a Mesa 2:90 or Mesa 2:100 I'd be better to run the Global power amp off so that I could let the tube color come through the signal?
most people do turn it off for Tube power amps. use whatever sounds best.

When selecting from the Global settings, turning on the Global Power Amp makes any patch containing an amp block model the choice of amp you're building the patch with? If Global is turned off Axe Fx won't recognize an amp block in any patch then?

the axe will recognize the amp block with global power amp off, but it will turn of the power amp portion in every preset.

Back
Top Bottom