Wish Global potentiometer/controller

Albion

Inspired
I use in all my presets three parameters assigned to three external potentiometers connected to expression controller ports.
In my case this 3 parameters control boost value to main out, boost value to output 2 and a low pass filter in a peq block linked to output 2 but they may be anything.
The goal is to be able to modify on the fly these three parameters.
I mainly use the two volume boost for my solo scene: one for main volume (front of the house) and my wedge monitors because solo boost must change according to the situation al stage volume…
So I can change solo volume boost on stage and FOTH on the fly across al presets.
I think that may be very useful to have some parameters changing across al presets on the fly using this kind of global parameters…
Now we can do it per preset using knobs bus as you change preset you have to change it again…
Thanks

There is both a preset and a global performance view (The next page over) that does exactly what you’re describing - why wouldn’t this page work for what you’re trying to do? (I’m not being facetious, I’m genuinely curious why this wouldn’t work - thanks!)

There is both a preset and a global performance view (The next page over) that does exactly what you’re describing - why wouldn’t this page work for what you’re trying to do? (I’m not being facetious, I’m genuinely curious why this wouldn’t work - thanks!)
That's not globally changing settings, it's providing quick access to knobs in the presets.

The settings only affect the current preset...

That's not globally changing settings, it's providing quick access to knobs in the presets.

The settings only affect the current preset...
Oh!! I read the OP like 5 times trying to make sure I understood, but apparently I have the reading comprehension of a salted snail.

In any case, I guess I'm even more lost, as I wasn't aware you could globally edit any parameters within presets. Guess I'll be following to understand better. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Oh!! I read the OP like 5 times trying to make sure I understood, but apparently I have the reading comprehension of a salted snail.

In any case, I guess I'm even more lost, as I wasn't aware you could globally edit any parameters within presets. Guess I'll be following to understand better. Thanks for clearing that up :)
You can't... That's what the wish is about ;)

Bump to this - I wish there was a way to control global volume. As it is, I have to copy a filter block to every one of Austin Buddy's live gold presets if I want to be able to audition them at rehearsal.

Bump to this - I wish there was a way to control global volume. As it is, I have to copy a filter block to every one of Austin Buddy's live gold presets if I want to be able to audition them at rehearsal.
There is a way to control Global Volume, in a couple ways... You don't need the wish for that.

See page 11 of the manual.

You can assign that to a pedal, or a knob or even a manual controller.

There is a way to control Global Volume, in a couple ways... You don't need the wish for that.

@yek found some interesting 1/4" plugs with pots on their ends that'd plug into the back of the unit so they'd act as pedal controllers. They were a pretty cool idea.

I may well be wrong about this, so I will check it out again. But I believe the last time I looked at this, if I used a switch, all it did was silence the unit, i.e. turn the global volume on or off, and if I used an expression pedal then the pedal went from 0 (heel down) to max (toe down), which is not usable when I'm looking for a quick 3db boost.

But I'll look into it again - I could be wrong, or things could have moved on.

Looking at the menu options, it does appear I was wrong, at least I hope so!

I see a "Output 1 Volume Increment" option! I will play later. Thanks for making me go look again.

Looking at the menu options, it does appear I was wrong, at least I hope so!

I see a "Output 1 Volume Increment" option! I will play later. Thanks for making me go look again.
Hmmm no. It's as it was - the volume increment is only triggerable by MIDI. Using a switch just turns out1 volume off or on. An expression pedal is no good for a quick precision fixed volume boost.

The only way would be to use something external, something else to carry around and hook up, which is a shame for such a simple global function.

There is an Amp Level & Save Inc/Dec function in the Utilities functions of the FC switches. It can do basically the same thing as the global setting. It adjusts the amp block level instead of the Out block level. That might work for you. There's also Scene Level & Save as well.

There is an Amp Level & Save Inc/Dec function in the Utilities functions of the FC switches. It can do basically the same thing as the global setting. It adjusts the amp block level instead of the Out block level. That might work for you. There's also Scene Level & Save as well.
I had considered that, but it's not really a workable solution. I don't want the unit saving the preset every time I want a solo boost, and it only offers +2 Db.

A utility function that increased the amp level without saving, and offered more than 2db adjustment, would do the trick nicely tbh. I might raise a separate wish for that, as it is different the OPs original wish here.

Back
Top Bottom