Global Out Eq Presets

oranheim

My Axe Fx3 is connected to my Apollo 8 using SPDIF (sent to output source 1) and Out 1 connected to my Redsound Elis.8 FRFR speakers. In this way I can play through my audio interface using my studio monitors and/or use FRFR.

When playing on low volumes through the FRFR speakers I use the Global Eq to tweak some low and high freqs. It would be convenient to have support for Global Out Eq Presets, so I chose which profile to use.

Or, is there another way to achieve this?

When playing on low volumes through the FRFR speakers I use the Global Eq to tweak some low and high freqs. It would be convenient to have support for Global Out Eq Presets, so I chose which profile to use.
Be aware that adjusting low and high frequencies like this will definitely affect how your presets will sound at stage volume. See Fletcher-Munson in the Wiki for more information.

Great point. I'd like to eq when playing at home at lower volume; in order not to break my presets.

@yek you say I should place the GEQ or PEQ at the beginning of the grid for adjusting Output Eq. If so, before or after "In 1"?

still would like a modest* global output eq preset functionality. *max 4 should be more than enough; for me 2 per output would do

EDIT: this should be in the AF3 section though, not AE

If you have output 2 available, you could use that as the frfr at low volume at home. Then you can tweak the global output 2 EQ to fit your needs.
To do this in an easy way I belive you could just set output 2 to copy output 1.

But it's of course using an additional output and it may not be available.

I would too love the possibility to store presets for the global outputs. It would really help when changing headphones/iems etc.
You can achieve this by using blocks in front of each output but this way (screenshot) is way simpler, saves resources and you don't need to modify all presets (incl. stock presets)

Attachments

• 01.01.21-01.27-Screenshot.png
    01.01.21-01.27-Screenshot.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom