" Global FW Version " ..... changing from Latest to a Previous Version ..... will this work ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi all

A quick Global FW Version question.

Currently I have:-

- my Axe has FW 4.00 installed
- Global FW Version on the Axe itself set to " Latest "
- all my individual presets all set to " Latest "

My question is:-

=> if I leave all my individual presets all set to " Latest " ..... but ..... at the same time I change the Global FW Version on the Axe itself to [say] FW 2.x ....... will that automatically run all my individual presets at FW 2.x even though the individual presets will still be set as " Latest " in Axe Edit ?

Hoping this makes sense.

Ben

The global parameter is more to do with what amp block defaults to when choosing a new amp model. I think if your preset were made pre quantum 2.0.3 (an unmodified factory preset for example) then they would also exhibit the behavior you're outlining. if the patch was made or saved post 2.0.3, it will retain "Latest" in the amp. I suspect if you changed the amp type in one of those presets it would take the global firmware setting though.

From the 2.0.3 release notes...

This version firmware allows switching between three firmware versions: Quantum 2.00, 2.01 and 2.02. In the Global menu the “Default Modeling Version” selects which version of modeling to use when choosing a new amp model and when recalling presets made with previous firmware versions. Choices are “Latest” “Q2.01” and “Q2.00”. In the Amp block the “Modeling Version” selects the version to use which can be used to override the default value. Note that changing the Modeling Version in the Amp block will load appropriate default values for the Preamp Hardness, Preamp Bias and Harmonics parameters thereby overriding any changes that may have been made to those parameters. In simple

terms: if you want the sound of 2.02 set the Modeling Version to Latest, for 2.01 use Q2.01 and for 2.00 use Q2.00. Note that changing the Default Modeling Version in the Global menu does NOT change the modeling version the amp block is using. It only selects which version the amp block will use when selecting a new amp model or recalling old presets. Otherwise the version will remain unchanged.

Back
Top Bottom