Global EQ

I understand that. What about the current sound dont you like? Have you tried other IRā€™s at volume? Swapped tonestacks?
I'm going into a matrix with real cab to output 1 with cab sim going to frfr via output 2. I'm curious as to what eq users are applying to their real cab settings so that I can gauge whether what I'm doing is unusual or not. For info, I know my way around the axe having used it since the early days. Love Fratal, love Cliff, love all the brilliant support that is given on here ā¤

I'm going into a matrix with real cab to output 1 with cab sim going to frfr via output 2. I'm curious as to what eq users are applying to their real cab settings so that I can gauge whether what I'm doing is unusual or not. For info, I know my way around the axe having used it since the early days. Love Fratal, love Cliff, love all the brilliant support that is given on here ā¤
To put it another way, do players of 'real amps' filter out certain frequencies like I have to when I turn up?

Yeah one would think a real guitar cab would filter out everything above 5k anyway, and if youā€™re still cutting so aggressively around 3k then maybe your guitar is a little bright or the amp model is too chimey for those volumes. Rolling off treble on the amp seems logical as the crowd will be hearing your direct signal very loud. I would leave the global EQ flat until you need to tune it to a specific room or situation, and make some surgical cuts with a PEQ along with the usual high and low pass. Should clean it up and leave your Global EQ available when you need it on the fly.

But Fractal models the tube power section of the amp, so no extra compensation should really be required...

Best to dial in live presets at live sound levels is possible.
Sure - but most of the hi-cut filtering seems to be taking place in the Cab block in the Axe, not in the Power-amp section, contrary what seems to be happening in a real tube-amp -> real cab scenario. I have tested this, using the effect return of a real tube-amp (P.A. modeling OFF), then same settings thru an external tube-amp (Marshall 9200 - P.A. modeling ON). DEFINITELY needed to use a Hi-cut aggressively. I am sure there is some logical reason for it to be working like this, the most important thing for me is that I can achieve the results I'm looking for: Real amp simulation 1:1 in any set-up, and I am a 110% satisfied customer in that regard! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom