Global EQ setting

RezaHabibi

Is it necessary to change global EQ setting ?
I have muffled sound when I connect my axefxii output to my soundcard or matrix amp+ cab

It is not necessary. But it’s an option you can use.

Muffled sound could just be the preset needing adjustment. It could also mean many different things.

There could be many reasons you are getting this sound. It could be the way you are connecting or just something in your presets that needs tweaking. I have never found much reason to use the global eg as I can eq right in the patches as needed. I think it is there for situations where you may have a guitar that may need certain frequencies shaped and there for would want the same eg across all the patches. I know artist Devin Townsend posted his global EQ he uses on his Axe Fx but he is going for a very specific sound so I guess he finds it helpful to use the same eg for everything. It's there so if you find it helps why not use it? I would look at everything else first to see why it's happening though.

I used global EQ when I was sending OUT 1 to FOH and OUT 2 to an amp and guitar cab. I don't use it now. But it's helpful at times if you're using different amps or monitors alternately.

Back
Top Bottom