Global EQ presets

Global EQ Presets

• Total voters

Sixstring

Legend!
I did a serch on this and to honest I'm to lazy to serch through 90 pages to see if it's already been sugested. So How about a way to add Persets that can be recalled for the Global Q/E's?

If your playing live at different venues more than once it would be nice to have the option to label and recall your E/Q settings (say 6) on both outputs you have already dialed in.

That interesting for me while I use my Ultra at home or at my studio because I don't use the same monitoring system.
At home, I need to decrease bass and at studio, I use a FRFR system so, I need a flater EQ.

In the same idea, I play in three different bands and for each one, I plug my Ultra into the PA system for training, but on stage, I take my personal FRFR. So, for training, I must change my global EQ.

This feature could really let me win many time...

We talked some times ago about global preset... my last thinking for the best option would be a way to dump the global value (eq, output option, amp...) from and into a PC. This will allow user to swap setup easily with a PC o MIDI sequencer...

Smilzo said:
We talked some times ago about global preset... my last thinking for the best option would be a way to dump the global value (eq, output option, amp...) from and into a PC. This will allow user to swap setup easily with a PC o MIDI sequencer...

Ok but you would have to carry around your PC correct? I was thinking more along the lines of having the option right their in the Axe in the Global menu as a selection of tabs for the presets to be stored and recalled, simple, easy and sano.

Sixstring said:
Ok but you would have to carry around your PC correct? I was thinking more along the lines of having the option right their in the Axe in the Global menu as a selection of tabs for the presets to be stored and recalled, simple, easy and sano.

I think a no brainer approach to eq portability is pure utopia. You have to tweak your sound gig by gig, night by night. Global is a simple way to adjust all your patches... but you could have to tweak even after recalled.

Rig portability is a different issue: you know the rig you have to use, and you can load previous global setting to gig with the correct one.

I don't know how much the "global selections" (scene) impact on the software architecture... I think that a simple dump would allow user to save and load scenes, and let Fractal do no load on CPU. win win approach! ;)

I think a no brainer approach to eq portability is pure utopia. You have to tweak your sound gig by gig, night by night. Global is a simple way to adjust all your patches... but you could have to tweak even after recalled.

You might be right but it would be nice to have the option. If I'm playing the same venues and the PA is the same for FOH the basic E/Q setting I set for that venue would be pretty close form gig to gig Vrs an E/Q setting I have setup for a compleetly different venue and P/A that I would have to change .

Rig portability is a different issue: you know the rig you have to use, and you can load previous global setting to gig with the correct one.

Having a portabel rig is a + and having one that is even easer to dial in is better. loading a different setting for the global E/Q still needs to be done I was looking for a way to do it quicker.

I don't know how much the "global selections" (scene) impact on the software architecture... I think that a simple dump would allow user to save and load scenes, and let Fractal do no load on CPU. win win approach!

A GEQ gets 10% CPU usage wile in the signal chain. How much it would use in the global menu as a preset I have no idea. I would imagen just as much as the EQ's that are being used now... dono. Maybe someone that has that info can chime in on that question.

My whole point was to make it so one can just recall an EQ setting that has been stored. Example: Global > page over to out1 or 2 > select from a tab of 6 stored EQ settings > Enter, done. I don't think it could get any easer than that.

Global EQ Presets?

How about being able to save Global EQ settings into presets?

Different EQ curves for different rooms, or different poweramps/cabs, easily and instantly accessible. Make a preset with a bump in the mids for extra cut, or a scoop for some extra kick...preset the EQ curves for when you use your solidstate poweramp, or the fx return on your tube head.

Eh?

Re: Global EQ Presets?

derker said:
How about being able to save Global EQ settings into presets?

Different EQ curves for different rooms, or different poweramps/cabs, easily and instantly accessible. Make a preset with a bump in the mids for extra cut, or a scoop for some extra kick...preset the EQ curves for when you use your solidstate poweramp, or the fx return on your tube head.

Eh?

Sounds like the same thing but going about it the long way. Just so I understand, your idea suggests one would use an exising preset to be stored with a diferent output EQ setting for the output in question for each application right?. You have potentially indacated 6-7 different settings that you may need. Times that times the number of persets you are using and it sounds like a lot of presets.

I have a total of 25 presets but may only use 4-5 at a gig so it sounds like I would need to duplicate those presets and apply an output EQ setting for whatever application I needed it for ie: a different room correct? If so this somewhat defeats the porpuse of having a "Global" EQ .

Having a selection of Global EQ settings ready for all of your presets to call up for whatever applacation you need would probably be more efficient. Thus not having to program an output EQ setting for every preset you have for multiple applications. Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like what your suggesting to me.

Also check this thread viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8104

I think you got the jist of it. Basically I'm asking for a way to save 5-10 Global EQ presets, just like you can have Global amp settings. I personally don't see a need for more than 10, a few for the various poweramps I'm going to use, a few for global mid bumps or scoops to quickly adjust the cut in a live setting, etc. It shouldn't take up any more CPU power, the additional memory used is probably minimal.

If I correctly understand your situation, you only use 4 patches on your Axe, but you duplicate them with different post-everything-EQ for various rooms, or playing situations...?

With the ability to save Global EQ presets, you could just have your 4 patches and then load your Global EQ Presets that you've made for your various situations. If I'm understanding you correctly, you wouldn't need to have redundant patches on your Axe, you could just pull up your Global EQ preset for whichever poweramp, room, etc.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not asking to put the Global presets in the actual programs/patches. I'm talking about having presets within the Global EQ itself.

If I correctly understand your situation, you only use 4 patches on your Axe, but you duplicate them with different post-everything-EQ for various rooms, or playing situations...?

No, I have a total of 25 presets that I use and they are all different but I may only use 4 at any one gig but depending on the songs they could all be located in different banks.
I was under the impression that is what you were suggesting in your thread.

With the ability to save Global EQ presets, you could just have your 4 patches and then load your Global EQ Presets that you've made for your various situations. If I'm understanding you correctly, you wouldn't need to have redundant patches on your Axe, you could just pull up your Global EQ preset for whichever poweramp, room, etc.

Bingo... that's correct.

To clarify, I'm not asking to put the Global presets in the actual programs/patches. I'm talking about having presets within the Global EQ itself.

I think we are both sugesting the same thing... If you look at the thread I posted I had an example on how one could recall a saved Global EQ setting. Basicly you would press the Global button, Page over to Output 1 or 2 depending on which one needed to be changed or both for the application needed, once on that tab you would be able to select from a number tabs of stored EQ settings (much like the PEQ layout where there are different tabs for the different freqs to be tunned) - (I had sugested 5-6) that you can / have already setup, press enter and voila your done.

Yes! I keep playing at this one club and it so damn boomy and weird i'd love to be able to keep a Global EQ preset for it and keep refining it every time i go back. It would save me a lot of stress when I have 5min to adjust my tone before I play

Back
Top Bottom