Global EQ and OUT1/2

Vitor Mancini

Inspired
Hey guys!
So today I decided to start using Axe's Global EQ to "fix" some ressonant frequencies from my room. But I'm having some trouble to set things up, I already looked for it in the manual and in the internet, but couldn't get things to work yet.
Here's my setup:

Axe FX II MkII -> PC (via USB, I'm using the Axe as audio interface)
Monitors -> Axe FX OUT1

So...

1. I messed with Global EQ 1 (Global - OUT1) while listening to a reference song and it didn't work. I thought it was supposed to apply the EQ curve to the monitors connected to OUT1, but it didn't. Am I missing something? Or doesn't it work this way?

2. I also tried to connect a second pair of monitors in OUT2, to use as a second reference (and maybe use Global EQ 2 to tame those frequencies if needed, as I read somewhere that it replaces Global EQ 1 if Output 2 Echo is set to Output1), but no sound came from OUT2, even when Output 2 Echo was set to Output1. Again, what am I doing wrong?

3. Once I put everything to work, where is the Global EQ being applied: before or after the processed signal? I mean, say I raise 1k in Global EQ 1 and record some guitars. Is the tone going to be recorded with global EQ applied to it? Or is it going to be recorded without it, and I'll only monitor it back with Global EQ (which makes more sense)?

Sorry for the wall of text, but I didn't want to create multiple threads about the same thing =)

Thanks in advance!

1. I messed with Global EQ 1 (Global - OUT1) while listening to a reference song and it didn't work. I thought it was supposed to apply the EQ curve to the monitors connected to OUT1, but it didn't. Am I missing something? Or doesn't it work this way?

it's possible the Global EQ doesn't effect USB audio. i haven't tested this in a while.

2. I also tried to connect a second pair of monitors in OUT2, to use as a second reference (and maybe use Global EQ 2 to tame those frequencies if needed, as I read somewhere that it replaces Global EQ 1 if Output 2 Echo is set to Output1), but no sound came from OUT2, even when Output 2 Echo was set to Output1. Again, what am I doing wrong?
USB audio will not be copied to Out 2, only guitar etc. also be sure to turn up the physical Out 2 knob on the front panel.

Or is it going to be recorded without it, and I'll only monitor it back with Global EQ (which makes more sense)?
this.

it's possible the Global EQ doesn't effect USB audio. i haven't tested this in a while.
Mm right. Please let me know if you check it! =)

USB audio will not be copied to Out 2, only guitar etc. also be sure to turn up the physical Out 2 knob on the front panel.
Yeah, the physical knob was turned up. But unfortunately the Axe doesn't copy USB audio to Out 2 then.

Oh as I expected then.

Thanks Chris!

well if the global didn't affect your computer sound, then it doesn't :) try a guitar if you can. it should work.
I thought that maybe there was an I/O option that should be enabled or something like that hahaha
Unfortunately, to EQ the guitar isn't what I'm looking for, but thanks for the help anyways!

understood. it was to test that the Global is indeed working, which it probably is. i'm pretty sure it doesn't affect computer/usb playback.
Yes, it's working. I didn't try to apply to the guitar yet, but if I change the main input source to USB I hear the Global EQ being applied to the USB sound. It could be a way to use it, but unfortunately it's in mono hahaha

The overall signal flow is shown at the last page of the manual.
Thanks! I'll give it a look!

Back
Top Bottom