Global Effects ROCK HARD!!!!!

wake911

Experienced
Apologize for the long post, but this just was awesome!!!!

So, I had a dilemma. I converted my 4x12 cab into a stereo cab, with 2 vertical 2x12's(all in same 4x12 shell mind you). And I was very unhappy with the sounds of my Axe II through it. Sounded great in mono, great in stereo through my studio monitors, but crappy and hollow and nasty in my 4x12 in stereo.

Sunday, i was screwing around with a basic preset and was like...."I'm figuring out how to make this sound good" so i pulled out the axe manual and started reading every effect block....I got to the Enhancer....it was interesting...so i added it in my patch...and VOILA!!! awesome sounding patch in stereo through my stereo cab!!

then..sadness crept in. Sometimes i will play mono....sometimes i will do stereo direct...sometimes stereo through my cab....how the heck can i create patches for all 3 states? I don't want 3 copies of every patch, that'd suck.....then i read about the global effects and how i can control multiple instances of the same effect across many patches.....so i tried it with the enhancer on 2 patches....linked them with the global.....and saved both patches....

selected patch 1 with enhancer on....bypassed the enhancer, and saved the patch....went to patch 2....Enhancer was bypassed!!!! un-bypassed it and saved, went back to patch 1 and the enhancer was active. Holy Crap!!!

So all I have to do is right when i connect everything, decide if i need enhancer or not....select it in one of my patches and bypass/activate as needed and save, and it saves TO ALL my patches with Global Enhancer 1 linked.

I'm going to do this for my volume block as well, since i don't always take my expression pedals with me, and it defaults to OFF if not connected.

Freaking sweet concept Cliff/Matt/whoever thought of it!!!!

wow, that is a GREAT feature! :eek: I'd really appreciate something like that myself, cuz I'm ALWAYS using vastly different setups and even go direct sometimes or use the house system...something like this would work well to my advantage.....great idea.....kudos to the fractal team! ;)

I'm going to do this for my volume block as well, since i don't always take my expression pedals with me, and it defaults to OFF if not connected.

As a side note, in the Midi parameters, if you set EXT CTRL # INIT VAL to 100% you will have full volume when the pedal is not plugged in. See page 142 of the manual.

Back
Top Bottom