Global Cab modeling

Jimmytwotimes

Experienced
Does anyone know if there is somewhere in axe edit where you can turn cab or amp modeling on/off?
or does it HAVE to be done on the front panel ?

I'm pretty sure you could have Fractool turn it on or off on all of your presets if you'd like. I haven't used it, but I've read about bulk changes through batch setter

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you could have Fractool turn it on or off on all of your presets if you'd like. I haven't used it, but I've read about bulk changes...

hmm - i didn't think of that - I have never had fractool - but I will def check it out now. The screen on my XL is almost dead - so I'm hopeful that fractool can perform at least some of the front panel functions that can't be done in axe edit. Thanks for the suggestion !

I'm pretty sure you could have Fractool turn it on or off on all of your presets if you'd like. I haven't used it, but I've read about bulk changes...
That's a global setting, not per preset.

Now, you could use the batch setter to bypass the Cab block, but that's another story ;)

You can turn supply sag in the Amp block all the way down to disable power amp modeling in that block. When you turn it all the way down it changes to PA OFF. That could possibly be done via batch setter.

You can turn supply sag in the Amp block all the way down to disable power amp modeling in that block. When you turn it all the way down it changes to PA OFF. That could possibly be done via batch setter.
Ah... I missed the Power Amp modeling part... Yep!

Thanks all - I will check it out- as my screen slowly dies, I'm trying to figure out what can only be done on the front panel and what can't. Thanks again.

Thanks all - I will check it out- as my screen slowly dies, I'm trying to figure out what can only be done on the front panel and what can't. Thanks again.
Why would your screen die? You talking about how they fade out over time? That should be the one and only concern for us AxeFx II guys, hardware replacement not FW updates. I wonder if FAS will continue to produce replacement parts for the II because they should! The updates can go but parts should remain available forrrr evvvv verrrrrrrr

Why would your screen die? You talking about how they fade out over time? That should be the one and only concern for us AxeFx II guys, hardware replacement not FW updates. I wonder if FAS will continue to produce replacement parts for the II because they should! The updates can go but parts should remain available forrrr evvvv verrrrrrrr
Discussed in another thread I think.

I believe he has a first generation Axe Fx II... Displays are no longer available.

Fractal does not make parts. ;)

Discussed in another thread I think.

I believe he has a first generation Axe Fx II... Displays are no longer available.

Fractal does not make parts. ;)

Correct - I have an XL - the screen has been fading for a few years - I have re-set the ribbon cables many times which did fix the issue for awhile. At this point, it doesn't help anymore. And correct - they do not make replacement screens for them any more.
It still works perfectly - and I have always done almost everything through axe edit anyway - but some of the front panel only things are what I worry about - I won't be able to do anything with midi #'s etc. I think at this point I'm just going to leave cab modeling on, and If I don't want it, I'll just take the block out and wait for the axe 4 someday ;)

Damn. So I have the XL+ which I bought new from FAS in 2017 or 2018. I won't be able to replace the screen if I ever need to???

Damn. So I have the XL+ which I bought new from FAS in 2017 or 2018. I won't be able to replace the screen if I ever need to???

I have a XLll+ that I bought 2 years ago too. At the end just before the lll came out. Wish I knew... sigh. But I also use an Ultra that still works great and I got that new over 10 yrs ago. I still use it for rehearsals.
The ll (should) be good for many years. Take care of it... it’s build like a tank.

Correct - I have an XL - the screen has been fading for a few years - I have re-set the ribbon cables many times which did fix the issue for awhile. At this point, it doesn't help anymore. And correct - they do not make replacement screens for them any more.
It still works perfectly - and I have always done almost everything through axe edit anyway - but some of the front panel only things are what I worry about - I won't be able to do anything with midi #'s etc. I think at this point I'm just going to leave cab modeling on, and If I don't want it, I'll just take the block out and wait for the axe 4 someday ;)
Set the cab modeling on, take a backup of system using fractal bot (backup 1: cab on)
Set the cab modeling off, take a backup of system. (Backup 2: cab off)

When you want to turn cabs on and off, restore the backup that matches the settings you want.

Not ideal, but might as well do it now before the screen is gone for good.

But.. As you say, different presets is going to be easier

Back
Top Bottom