Global Blocks on FM9 is so needed

Well, they're considering storing the song tempo in the set list so there must be some space left. Whether it's enough or not no one knows.

Yes I do, if Cliff thinks I'm wrong he can post and say so, my feelings wouldn't be hurt, notice he has not done that. Just because something can be done doesn't mean it will be, look at Cab Lab, still no FM9 support or ETA but it can be done, that is the fractal way, maybe it will be done "soon" maybe not, maybe global blocks will make it to FM9, maybe not. If you want specifics you will have to ask those on the development team, good luck with that.
Because nobody at Fractal has said why, anything any of us says is nothing more than conjecture. The bottom line is none of us knows if the reason is a technical limitation or not.

@suhrmajesty - you say you DO have knowledge on this but don't say what it is. Also, the fact that Cliff has not personally responded to your post on the topic isn't any proof of anything. There are lots of things posted on the forum that are incorrect - he has far better things to do with his time than correct all of them.

Well, they're considering storing the song tempo in the set list so there must be some space left.

Matt said:
As stated in the mini-manual, Setlist Names, Song Names, and Section Names are all to be ten characters.
This has been corrected for the next build.
This is a good compromise between usage of available memory and intelligibility, and it fills the 10-character mini display. It also leaves a little room for future expansion of this feature-- adding a song tempo is something we're possibly looking into.
and
Tempo Per Song is a known request, and a very valid desire. One of the reasons that song names were limited to 10 chars. was to save memory so that this could be considered as a potential add-on later. Now is not a good time to work on this, but as I said, the request is known and understood.

Whether it's enough or not no one knows.
Fractal knows.

I use an FM9 with an electric (In1 => Out 1) and acoustic guitar (In 2 => Out 2) simultanuously (i.e. 2 players). My scenes only change stuff on the 'electric' channel, the blocks on the 'acoustic' channel are controlled by per-preset buttons which are mirrored to a seperate 3 button footswitcher (grrr no TRS as on the Ax8, soldering involved).

Basically my presets in my 'acoustic channel' blocks always remain the same, but I would like to have a preset per song for the electric guitarist. Starting such a new song preset is easily achieved using a 'template' preset that contains all of the 'acoustic' and some standard 'electric' blocks, but keeping them synchronized, e.g. when making a modification in an 'acoustic' reverb is a real PITA.

The FM9 has more than enough IO and CPU power to run multiple instruments, and global blocks can be really useful in many such scenario's (or even single instrument scenario's). Having to upgrade from an FM9 to an AxeFx3 + footcontroller just for global blocks is a bit crazy.

Even if there are hardware limitations, the linking of block presets (or batch update or similar concept) is something that would not be hard in software (I write software for a living). I am VERY happy with the sound quality of my FM9 (and my AX8 before that), but they are a sizable investment and could really benefit from some usability enhancements ...
So, Fractal: pretty please?

Back
Top Bottom