Global Blocks - link to, load from: which to use?

deakle

Experienced
Ok, I know I am probably experiencing brain freeze, but I am having difficulty understanding Global Blocks and how to use them. What is confusing to me at least, is linking a block does not load the Global Block data but the Global Block is saved when the preset is saved? Loading from a Global Block loads the data but does not link the block? If I understand correctly, linking to a Global Block would mean that any change made to the Global Block would be reflected in all presets linked to the Global Block, correct? But what does it mean to load/not load data from the Global Block? Sorry if this is a question that has been asked before.

Seems like you got the right idea to me. Personally, I think of it like this...

Link: I want this block to be the same EVERYWHERE when I save, all blocks linked to this block will end up exactly like one another, anytime I change one, I'll change all of them... It's a kind of a forever sort of thing
Load: I want to quickly grab the settings from my global block as a starting point, but I want to modify them and not affect any others... It's a kind of a "just this once" sort of thing

"Link" is like a marriage, "Load" is like a date... sorta :)

Seems like you got the right idea to me. Personally, I think of it like this...

Link: I want this block to be the same EVERYWHERE when I save, all blocks linked to this block will end up exactly like one another, anytime I change one, I'll change all of them... It's a kind of a forever sort of thing
Load: I want to quickly grab the settings from my global block as a starting point, but I want to modify them and not affect any others... It's a kind of a "just this once" sort of thing

"Link" is like a marriage, "Load" is like a date... sorta :)
Thanks! That makes sense. At 54, the old brain cells area little dense, lol.

Back
Top Bottom