Global BLock Unlinking Does Not Work

I have an Amp that I must've synced with global block 1. Now I am trying to unlink it. I go into the editor on the AxeFxII (not Axe edit software) and then I hit 'unlink'. I'm prompted to save the preset which I do. Then I go back and check and it's still linked to Global Block 1.

I am running firmware version 5.04b.

I've had lots of Global issues with AE to the point I only use the panel editor for Globals. I haven't seen this problem yet.

Firmware 5.07 and latest AE have solved many global block issues.

Strange. Maybe a corrupt preset for some reason. Delete the block and recreate?

I had a similar problem updating from 5.04b to 5.07. It reset all amp blocks that were tied to a global slot, ending up with 59 bassman and all parameters at minimum - even the amp's graphic EQ was at -12 db all the way.
Additionally, loading the A bank (dumped from 5.04b) with Axe-Edit (showing the correct global amp settings) and saving a patch (by Axe-Edit) to recover the global setting only led to the behaviour I described above.
My solution:
1. loading the A bank and calling up the desired patch
2. unlinking the global block
3. "save to" -> "refresh to hardware"
4. on the Axe-Fx itself: going into the global block menu, selecting link & save to (with desired slot) and pressing STORE.

Perhaps the same works for you regarding unlinking (i.e. saving the change on the Axe-Fx)

yea I had the same problem with the knobs being all at 0 and the 59 bassman. super annoying. but on step 4 of your solution, wouldn't that be saving to a global block? I want get rid of ALL global blocks. I wish there was a way to do that.

Last edited:
yea I had the same problem with the knobs being all at 0 and the 59 bassman. super annoying. but on step 4 of your solution, wouldn't that be saving to a global block? I want get rid of ALL global blocks. I wish there was a way to do that.

Sure, you would select "unlink" (if that's not already the case, from selecting it in Axe-Edit).
I wanted my former global amps to stay linked.

I can unlink it and save. Whenever I start a new patch and load AMP 1 into a block, it is automatically loaded in with global block 1 and linked. Any way to turn this off?

That sounds strange. You speak about Axe-Edit or front panel?

If you start with a blank patch and put an amp block in the grid, it should not be linked to a global slot by default.

It happens when working in Axe Edit independent of the Unit, it also happens when they are connected, it also happens when working on the unit independent of Axe Edit.

That sounds strange. You speak about Axe-Edit or front panel?

If you start with a blank patch and put an amp block in the grid, it should not be linked to a global slot by default.

Unless you had an Amp block set to a global previously in that preset.
The Axe seems to remember that, and recalls that "history" when you add an Amp block again.

Unless you had an Amp block set to a global previously in that preset.
The Axe seems to remember that, and recalls that "history" when you add an Amp block again.

Yes, I know.
By "blank patch" I meant a genuinely unused patch or a preset slot. You notice it when you save it to a location and the store page indicates <EMPTY> as current content.

Back
Top Bottom