global block alternatives?

edo

Power User
Vendor
I just discovered that the AX8 does not support global blocks, which is terrible news for me as when a new fw comes out, in the axe fx 2 I generally adjust and change the core amp tone across 300+ presets simultaneously, while with the ax8 i have to do it manually, for each amp, for each cab, for each preset... since global blocks are not available, is there an alternative to simplify this process? How do you guys deal with it?

I suppose you could use FracTool as it has a batch editor capability.

I haven't used this feature yet, but I understand that it's pretty easy to do.

Reactions: edo
I update one amp block and then I use the block library to distribute it across the amp blocks using colour coding for presets that use the same amp block. But it is definitely a pain.

I update one amp block and then I use the block library to distribute it across the amp blocks using colour coding for presets that use the same amp block. But it is definitely a pain.
I was going to suggest that, too... But depending on how many global blocks are needed and the number of presets, that could be huge. Of course, probably still easier than hand tweaking every preset. ;)

I was going to suggest that, too... But depending on how many global blocks are needed and the number of presets, that could be huge. Of course, probably still easier than hand tweaking every preset. ;)

I mostly use 4 amp blocks across 300+ presets, the thing is that i just tried saving the block and i get the timeout error message...

At one time it was mentioned that the AX8 perhaps might get a single global block: the Amp block.
So far that hasn't been implemented alas.

Back
Top Bottom