Global Amps: Can you clear them out and start over?

The Whale

Inspired
Hi guys - I got my Axe FX second hand and would like to set the Global amps for quick patch building and recall. I also really like the idea of being able to adjust say my main plexi patch and have it change the same parameters everywhere else that sound appears. What a great feature. I'm having the darnedest time setting the Global Amps. Here's what I found:

When I'm using Axe-Edit, I start by first selecting "Global Amp 1". the previous owner has a recto amp set there. Say I want to make that my Deluxe Verb amp, i attempt to adjust the settings, but they are all faded out and untouchable. Even if I just wanted to adjust the treble for that recto global amp, I couldn't. If I use the small screen on the Axe, I can set adjust all the parameters and change the model, but I'm not sure how to make it save as a Global Amp.

Any advice you have would be great appreciated!

Mike

Yes, save the global amps at least once from the front panel.

You might just want to save a defaulted amp block (hold 'bypass' [not 'FX byp'] down to reset everything) to the global slots that are occupied by the former owner's settings. This way you kind of reset the global amps.
FYI, I don't know how Axe-Edit deals with the saved global amps settings, but only loading a banks of patches/presets is not enough, as the global amps are stored in the system bank.

Back
Top Bottom