Glenn Delaune AX8 Presets

Dan Hill

I noticed on Axe-Change that Glenn posted up some presets. He's created a bunch of cool presets for the Helix and other L6 products so I was a little shocked when I saw them since I didn't think he was doing anything with FAS products. Sniffed around the web and didn't that anyone had brought light to that. I have found his work with modelers to be pretty good when it comes to dialing in tones with these magic boxes.

I hope he continues throwing stuff up on the axe-change for others to try out.

I had a few of his sets for the HD500 when I owned it..... He does pretty good work with modelers, but he would have to release his Cab IR's as well because they make or break his presets IMHO.

Hi guys, new here so Hello. Yes I've uploaded 5 (I think) patches to the AxeChange Ax8 section. Enjoy. Please. . . . . I would love feedback also. Good or Bad, It's OK, whatever you think. Talk to you soon!!

Hmm. I didn't see any. Nice to see you here Glenn. You were the only one I knew who could make a pod sound..... good. I know - I never could. lol.

Hi guys, new here so Hello. Yes I've uploaded 5 (I think) patches to the AxeChange Ax8 section. Enjoy. Please. . . . . I would love feedback also. Good or Bad, It's OK, whatever you think. Talk to you soon!!

Nice to see you here Glenn. I watched you with Helix awhile back. Would love to hear your thoughts on the differences.

I downloaded 6 patches that had your name on them. The GD Freidman BE is very nice - especially on scene 2 and 4. I like the GD Dumble Jazz but could not quite get it to sound like Larry Carlton - maybe it is my fingers. ;-0

Anyway, thanks for posted. Looking forward to more.

Hi Glenn,
I've been using your Andy Timmons Presets, I absolutely love it. I had your patches for my hd500x. I'm hoping for more to come, Steve Lukather, Neal Schon maybe? Anyway thank you for presets.

Hello Glenn, I've purchased some presets from your site many times. They've all sounded great! Looking forward to checking out the ones you posted here... Thanks, Ben

Hey Glenn...glad to see you involved with Ax8. I've used your custom artist patches for boss and helix, now i'm an ax8 user and loving it. Will certainly check out your presets and look forward to some great custom artist patches along the lines of what you've put out for the other units.

Glenn- the GD Dumble Jazz is the first preset created by someone else that I have found to be useful. Amazing sounds, the clean is great and then when I kick the od it's killer. I made some small changes but thanks for uploading that.

Hi Glenn! Welcome to FAS Land. I have also purchased a number of your presets for other modelers. I Have wondered if you would ever do any for the AX8 since that is now my modeler of choice. I will have to look for your presets on AxeChange.

Glenn, i had a chance to check out your presets today and they sound great. I had to adjust some of the volume levels between some of the scenes in presets to level out but that was the only tweeking i needed to do. I especially enjoyed the Robin Trower preset, got me playing Bridge of Sighs again which is a great jam! I'm in for a custom artist preset bundle, so hope you'll do one.

I'm fairly new to the AX8 and modeling in general so I grabbed all Glenn's presets available on axe-change. Really wanted to start playing around with some fully baked presets with scenes and also have a peek under the hood to help me figure out and better understand the AX8. Just tonight I have been digging into playing with the Matchless preset and I am loving it! This is setup almost exactly how I run my current pedal board so it;s just a great tool to experiment with for me. I haven't tried it at volume yet but looking forward to doing that next. So, many thanks Glenn, all the presets are pretty cool but I have to give a huge thumbs up for the Matchless preset :)

Hi Glen! I believed i followed some of ur tips when u were usg the Boss GT10 a long time ago? Pardon me if i mistook u for sumone else.
Anyway, great job as usual on ur presets. They sounded awesome! Cant wait to try out ur shared presets.. tq in advance..

I'd never known of Glenn before trying the presets he posted for the AX8. At first I was a little lukewarm on them. Then I turned my FRFR up and found them to be the most gig-ready presets I'd ever plugged in that I hadn't made myself. I almost always make my own, occasionally starting with another patch if there's a cool fx thing somebody's made, but they're usually only specialty patches, not my bread and butter.

Would purchase a pack if he made a more extensive set of patches. He's got a great ear and very pragmatic way of setting things up. Great gain staging in particular.

Back
Top Bottom