Glenn DeLaune **UPDATE** Custom Patches for AX8 & AXE FX

Glenn DeLaune

Inspired
Hey guys here is the final video of my first project for the AX8. The patches will go live tomorrow morning, Monday May 15th at 8am CST on my website (link in my signature). I just want to thank you all for your support and kind words throughout this project. It's been a long but really fun project and I learned so much about this unit. Hats off to Matt & Mark for all of the help. You guys are The Best!!

Hey guys here is the final video of my first project for the AX8. The patches will go live tomorrow morning, Monday May 15th at 8am CST on my website (link in my signature). I just want to thank you all for your support and kind words throughout this project. It's been a long but really fun project and I learned so much about this unit. Hats off to Matt & Mark for all of the help. You guys are The Best!!

Its great stuff Glenn, and a wide variety of tones too!

Nice job as always Glenn !

Glen, looks great. How will you handle updates to the FW 8.0 Beta version? Been waiting a bit for a few bugs to get worked out?

Glen, looks great. How will you handle updates to the FW 8.0 Beta version? Been waiting a bit for a few bugs to get worked out?

Thank you Sir. Good question. If anything needs to be updated I will update and send the updated version to all who purchased.

I spoke with Glenn yesterday. The presets were made with FW 8.0.0.

Great sounding presets that will easily make it into my live shows. Lot of variety and being in a cover band, exactly what I need to have. Thanks for the work @Glenn DeLaune. I feel like when I step on the preset for Atomica, I might want to actually yell that into the microphone. lol

hey Glenn, have you had the opporunity to use the FracTool app to see how your new presets convert to the AXe-FX formats? My experience is that AX8-AXFXII conversions are very easily done , and may expand your purchaser base greatly.

hey Glenn, have you had the opporunity to use the FracTool app to see how your new presets convert to the AXe-FX formats? My experience is that AX8-AXFXII conversions are very easily done , and may expand your purchaser base greatly.
Hi Brad, no I haven't had the time to try that yet but i will soon. Thank you Sir.

I just purchased them from your site. There's a couple in the group I am real interested in and I know I will get some miles out of. Looking forward to putting them in play! :cool:

Thanks Glenn.:D

Hi Brad, no I haven't had the time to try that yet but i will soon. Thank you Sir.

So I bought these, and wise move making them very affordable, thanks Glenn. The FracTool conversion process to XL+ was painless ((thanks again, @AlGrenadine ))(done as a bulk convert from the folder), with one interesting caveat that may or probably not be intentional..as I am away from my AX8 and am currently using my XL+with 2 pedals and no footcontroller in my studio. the Control Switch, which in many of your presets switches on the LeadBoost on AX8, gets assigned to EXT 1 on my XL+, which is also assigned to WAH , and as a result, kicks in at the toe position of the EXT pedal, but also leaves the WAH at max. Its actually an interesting sound, but likely not what you, Glenn, had in mind. Easily enough solved for those with an MFC or other footcontroller, but I haven't quite sorted it out yet for my sitch.
Another thing I noticed, and this veers into personal preference and workflow , but I noticed that you have used a technique you are fond of as witnessed in your HELIX SETS.. using a clean Vox as your clean option in some of your presets..a neccesity when dealing with the limited number in helix, but e.g., I immediately swapped out the Vox on your Hook patch for the glorious clean of Hook 1a and was most pleased with the results. of course, this is strictly IMO and YMMV, but you seem to be open to communication and I appreciate the level of your work and you have seen this is a community that likes to contribute.

So I bought these, and wise move making them very affordable, thanks Glenn. The FracTool conversion process to XL+ was painless ((thanks again, @AlGrenadine ))(done as a bulk convert from the folder), with one interesting caveat that may or probably not be intentional..as I am away from my AX8 and am currently using my XL+with 2 pedals and no footcontroller in my studio. the Control Switch, which in many of your presets switches on the LeadBoost on AX8, gets assigned to EXT 1 on my XL+, which is also assigned to WAH , and as a result, kicks in at the toe position of the EXT pedal, but also leaves the WAH at max. Its actually an interesting sound, but likely not what you, Glenn, had in mind. Easily enough solved for those with an MFC or other footcontroller, but I haven't quite sorted it out yet for my sitch.
Another thing I noticed, and this veers into personal preference and workflow , but I noticed that you have used a technique you are fond of as witnessed in your HELIX SETS.. using a clean Vox as your clean option in some of your presets..a neccesity when dealing with the limited number in helix, but e.g., I immediately swapped out the Vox on your Hook patch for the glorious clean of Hook 1a and was most pleased with the results. of course, this is strictly IMO and YMMV, but you seem to be open to communication and I appreciate the level of your work and you have seen this is a community that likes to contribute.

Thank you very much Sir. Yes the Lead Boost it tied to a control switch that is set to Switch 4 on the bottom row of the AX8.

Great work Glenn... I was noticing that on the EVH Brown (haven't tried all presets yet), when you're on Scene 2, the wah is not activated immediately. When you step on the external 1 pedal it activates and will stay on even when switching between Scene 1 and 2. Is there a way to shut off the wah effect without switching presets?

Hello Sir, Thank you very much. yes I have the Wah set to External 1 and there is a setting when I have it auto engage when you move the pedal. When you bring the pedal back to heel it will disengage.

Hi @Glenn DeLaune, Congrats on the launch.

FYI... FracTool still gets some controller and other misc. parameters mixed up when converting. If you don't have an Axe-Fx II, you may want to find a couple of competent 'beta-testers' (that own both units?) to go through them before releasing them.....

Oh Yes Sir. I would never ever release something that has not been tested several times on the correct unit itself. Thank you very much Sir.

Back
Top Bottom