Glenn DeLaune **UPDATE** Custom Patches for AX8 & AXE FX

Bought your presets some days ago. Great stuff!

I also like how you setup the footswitches. It is more or less the same way that works for me best since I own an AX8.

I would like to know your philosophy how to configure your solo boost. What frequencies do you raise or lower in general?

Bought your presets some days ago. Great stuff!

I also like how you setup the footswitches. It is more or less the same way that works for me best since I own an AX8.

I would like to know your philosophy how to configure your solo boost. What frequencies do you raise or lower in general?

Thank you Sir for your support. Well I've used lots of different pedals and Boss has something they call Solo Boost. It's a lead boost that boosts the mid's!! I always liked that sound so I took that idea and I refined it a bit. My AX8 Lead Boost adds some mid's but it also shaves off the high end a bit. So the mid boost for me is 4K, everything above 4K gets cut and it really depends on the amp. Some amps accentuate the highs when you push the front end so for those amps the high end cut might be more than other amps where you might only need to remove a couple db from those frequencies.

Yes Sir I think they can but for some reason the CTL switches don't translate over. I'm trying to find someone that can convert them for me. PM me if interested.

Glenn,

When you do get those converted over to the Axe FX II, can you make a new post about that? I would definitely want to buy them.

Thanks!

Guys just a quick note to let all you Axe FX users who hang out hare as well, I've finally ported over my AX8 patches to the AXE FX MK I, MK II, XL & XL+ units. Thank you guys so much for your continued support. I really enjoy talking with you guys from all over the world. You Guy Rock!!! \m/

Anyone experience low volume importing Glenn’s patches on 9.02 firmware? Either AX8 version or AXE2 version? In particular Scene 1 is real clean and quiet. Need to soft reset the amp block? Or hard reset the amp block?

Edit: I can answer my own question. Yes, definitely need to soft re-select amp block then things sound good. Not sure why Axe Edit can’t import a patch done in an earlier firmware and not always need this extra treatment.

Last edited:
Glenn, I've purchased your preset pack (AX8) and have really enjoyed them. I was working on updating a lot of my presets to 9.03 and wanted to incorporate some on your ideas into them and noticed a bit of weirdness (at least to me). One example - your Maz 38 patch says it uses "all purpose" delay that should be Stereo Tape with ducking. In the preset, it is Digital Stereo and no ducking attenuation. When you hit the LEAD BOOST, the delay switches to Digital Mono and the mix actually drops to only 15% with ducking. The EQ boost is completely flat (no boost). This is just one example. The LEAD BOOST also seems to vary from 2.5 to 4.0 depending on the preset. Figured this should be the same. Would you mind looking at the presets and seeing if this is correct? Thanks!

Flipping through the presets, here's another example. Vox AC30 - The pdf show Delay 1 "All Purpose Delay" controlled by foot switch 8. The foot switch instead controls Delay 2 which is a ping-pong delay without ducking. Delay 1 is tied to the LEAD BOOST control switch. GEQ boost is only 1.50 dB.

are these by chance updated to the Q9? Is there a lot of work to get them to sound right in the Q9 if they are still 7.0?

I think they were made in 8.0 - I've adjusted the speaker drive and some levels, but otherwise I think they sound really good in 9.03.

Back
Top Bottom