Giving it a rest is sometimes good - man this thing sounds good!!!

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
Due to some personal problems and currently being fed up with parts of the music business and bands in general, I quit playing for a while.
So after a few months, the urge to noodle a bit came back.
I was planning to do an update of the GT22 and started playing with one of my old Plexi patches.
Man, this thing sounds sooooooooo good.
Before I was constantly trying out IRs (The GNR M25 from OH being my latest acquisition) and now, I just plugged in and played.
So, if you sometimes are in a rut and things don't sound the way you think they should... give it a rest for a while.

Due to some personal problems and currently being fed up with parts of the music business and bands in general, I quit playing for a while.
So after a few months, the urge to noodle a bit came back.
I was planning to do an update of the GT22 and started playing with one of my old Plexi patches.
Man, this thing sounds sooooooooo good.
Before I was constantly trying out IRs (The GNR M25 from OH being my latest acquisition) and now, I just plugged in and played.
So, if you sometimes are in a rut and things don't sound the way you think they should... give it a rest for a while.
I agree, but I wish it was that easy! Well, for me, even if I know things aren't going to satisfy me, I have to bang it out every chance I can get, solo or not. Can't afford to hang it up for a few months because time is just too precious! Get to work and bang that s**t out! Like coach said "no ones paying you to think about it just DO IT son!" Lol

I got an Atomic Amplifire aa3 the other week as a B rig. I spent a few days playing with it and was pleased with it in general but when i fired up the AX8 I was listening with fresh ears and my God did it make me smile, the AX8 was like going to 4k HD and then some

Sometimes it is good to have a break and to go to something else for a while as our ears do get used to things and you dont really appreciate stuff

I got an Atomic Amplifire aa3 the other week as a B rig. I spent a few days playing with it and was pleased with it in general but when i fired up the AX8 I was listening with fresh ears and my God did it make me smile, the AX8 was like going to 4k HD and then some

Sometimes it is good to have a break and to go to something else for a while as our ears do get used to things and you dont really appreciate stuff
Did the same thing, played through an AA6, had great sounds, did a gig w/h9 in the loop, sounded awesome, but fired back up the AX8, changed a cab and fell in deeper love than before. AA6 went back.

Back
Top Bottom