Gilmour - comfortably numb

reused

Iv been trying to get close to Gilmour's tone on comfortably numb as well as many other of his more high gain lead solos.
Been using gilmourish.com to get an idea of his setup and using both the album version and his live version for the pulse tour to compare against.
So far, im struggling to achieve something that Im happy with, iv had a quick play with a couple of presets from the axe exchange zip files as well but they havent really done it for me.
Has anyone managed to get close to this?
I would be mighty impressed if anyone can nail it, it really is an awesome tone.

There have been quite a few patches shared that intended to help emulate Gilmour (I think there's even a factory preset or two that aim in the same direction)... but unless you have EMG pickups on a Gilmour-ish strat, these shared patches will only take you part of the way. I have not been able to use any of them to get close enough for my own taste. Therefore, I started crafting my own tone, not even anywhere close to Gilmour tone, and have been happier with that than any emulation.

And of course, there's the fact that tone is in your fingers (and none of us have Gilmour's fingers)...

Daniel

Sound clips, or at least description of what you think is missing would help us to help you. Dpoirier is right, depending on your setup, the way you play, the context (recording, live), you may have a really different sound with the same patch. As an example, I dialed in a patch that sounds pretty good with my setup while playing with a band, but is not interesting while I'm playing alone.

Still, gilmourish.com is probably the best place to start.

Back
Top Bottom