Gilmour and the Univibe

Bulldog50

Inspired
I was listening to a lesson from Justin for the Pink Floyd song "Breathe". He believes Gilmour's main sound of this song is from a Univibe. Far from me to argue with Justin, but I was wondering if anyone can point to a good preset that mimics Dave's sound on the song. or can guide me in creating one using a Univibe in the AXE effects blocks. Sorry for the low knowledge level. I am updated to Cygnus. Thanks for the help.

Look through the Phaser block documentation and the factory presets. There’s a number of “vibe” blocks demo’d including a couple that are Gilmour-ish.

Instead of asking us to explain how to do it, try and see what you come up with and surprise yourself. And then if you have a problem ask a specific question and attach your preset so we can look at it.

Hi @Bulldog50,

I used a mix of the Phaser block and the Rotary block for Breathe Reprise, it seemed to work out fine.

E.g. ... The Phaser and Rotary kick in around 6:09 (scene 4 in preset)... Sounded groovy enough for me.

I used an old Axe-II preset on Axe-Change (Time Solo - @zangiamit91) as a baseline, so I can't take credit for that. But I just imported it through FracTool (thanks @AlGrenadine!), then added a phaser and rotary block and tweaked it all to my liking. So basically I went for more than just the solo. Also, I can't fully remember, but I believe I added some of @simeon's delay blocks to sweeten it.

I haven't upgraded to “Cygnus” yet, so it's anyone's guess. There have been so many firmware changes since then, so your mileage may vary, but regardless you'll be able to get something that sounds great.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Time - Full Song RSC.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 47
Hi @Bulldog50,

I used a mix of the Phaser block and the Rotary block for Breathe Reprise, it seemed to work out fine.

E.g. ... The Phaser and Rotary kick in around 6:09 (scene 4 in preset)... Sounded groovy enough for me.

I used an old Axe-II preset on Axe-Change (Time Solo - @zangiamit91) as a baseline, so I can't take credit for that. But I just imported it through FracTool (thanks @AlGrenadine!), then added a phaser and rotary block and tweaked it all to my liking. So basically I went for more than just the solo. Also, I can't fully remember, but I believe I added some of @simeon's delay blocks to sweeten it.

I haven't upgraded to “Cygnus” yet, so it's anyone's guess. There have been so many firmware changes since then, so your mileage may vary, but regardless you'll be able to get something that sounds great.

Cheers!

Thanks Sharka, I'll give it a whirl and see if it works on Cygnus.

Back
Top Bottom