Gigperformer - anyone using this?

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone here using Gigperformer? it looks great. Seems a real simple way of getting low latency routing of VST's to DAW. Strongly considering adding it to my workflow (mainly for synth/vsts)

It's so intuitive and straightforward. Love that it's basically a plug in host without the need to fire up DAW. I recently sold my Yamaha synth/workstation (replaced with Novation SL MK3 midi keyboard) so Gigperformer gives me back what I lost with my synth in many ways. Creating layered performances with my VSTs.

Would be amazing if there were a hardware pedalboard with built-in VST plugin host compatibility like MainStage/GP... you can haves all your plugin tones accessible live without the need for a laptop in the background. Wishful thinking!

If you want unmatched midi integration, try https://www.cantabilesoftware.com
Cantabile is harder to learn but you won't find a more flexible VST host. The Forum is a goldmine of info too.
I run a MIDI board using Cantabile or a Motif into the FM9.
Preset leveling meters for keys, USB, and guitar are indispensable

A friend of mine uses Gig Performer extensively, and has a very complex routing setup. He loves it, and constantly raves about how well it works, and how stable it is. As a VST host, it places lightweight demands on the computer (most people run it from a laptop), and is very easy to use. I haven't gotten deeper into using it than just exploration, but I could see how this approach could be a viable alternative to dedicated modeling hardware.

I just started looking at this last week. Is anyone using this with Midi Guitar 2 and your guitar as the instrument? If so, you'd save me a bunch of time if you'd share how the apps you are using. I was about to spend money on a new hex pickup kit when someone on this forum mentioned MG2. I've been trialing it and I'm pretty impressed. I'm now trying to figure out what my signal path would be and what platform I would use to incorporate other instruments in a live setting. Thanks.

Would be amazing if there were a hardware pedalboard with built-in VST plugin host compatibility like MainStage/GP... you can haves all your plugin tones accessible live without the need for a laptop in the background. Wishful thinking!
these did actually exist at one point, but pretty much every company that made them went under. a little 2in/2out usb interface and a mini pc under your pedalboard shelf might do it, or an ipad mini running aum. these days it would be pretty inexpensive to manufacture something the size of a double boss pedal that you could interface with using your phone or tablet. i'm just not sure the market is there for it. (i'd buy one, for sure. my 2012 macbook pro does the job, but i need to upgrade).

In the last couple of weeks I am using Gig Performer with bunch Neural Amp Modeling tone captures and couple of VSTs for effects. and I am pretty stoked about this setup. I still use my Fractal devices live and/or at home but I am starting to think that maybe in the future we will have Hardware VST hosts that we can make our own FX Chains with our desired VSTs from different companies. I think there will be a market for that.

In the last couple of weeks I am using Gig Performer with bunch Neural Amp Modeling tone captures and couple of VSTs for effects. and I am pretty stoked about this setup. I still use my Fractal devices live and/or at home but I am starting to think that maybe in the future we will have Hardware VST hosts that we can make our own FX Chains with our desired VSTs from different companies. I think there will be a market for that.
my thoughts exactly... thats why itll be really nice to have a plugin version of Axe Fx (kinda like Helix Native)... could also have far more cpu with todays M series chips in MBPro's :cool:

Back
Top Bottom