Gig bag for FM9,two exp pedals n a FC6 ?

You see if it moves around a lot in the bag you can end up with scratches and dings on the unit.
If you’re talking about the bag designed specifically for the FM9, then, no that doesn’t happen because it’s a well made, padded bag.

Can anyone who has the studio slips Clamshell bags attest to its ability to hold items sturdly in place without the FM9 turbo and expression pedals etc clashing into each other?
The bag is sized to fit the FM9 snugly and there is no room inside the bag for pedals, so there’s no sliding or slipping or a way to get scratches unless you force something into that section that has hard and sharp edges. And that’s why we get a pocket on the bag, to separate cables and pedals from the unit itself.

If you’re talking about the bag designed specifically for the FM9, then, no that doesn’t happen because it’s a well made, padded bag.

The bag is sized to fit the FM9 snugly and there is no room inside the bag for pedals, so there’s no sliding or slipping or a way to get scratches unless you force something into that section that has hard and sharp edges. And that’s why we get a pocket on the bag, to separate cables and pedals from the unit itself.
I made a mistake. I forgot to order the side pocket for FM9 turbo gig bag for my cables and exp pedal. Anyways I just sent SS an email telling them I want to cancel my order and reorder with a pocket. I sure hope they get it before it ships. It's the weekend so I might get lucky.

I made a mistake. I forgot to order the side pocket for FM9 turbo gig bag for my cables and exp pedal. Anyways I just sent SS an email telling them I want to cancel my order and reorder with a pocket. I sure hope they get it before it ships. It's the weekend so I might get lucky.
I’d recommend thinking whether you want the pocket on the top of the modeler or the bottom.

If on the top, pedals could press against switches or scribble strips. If on the bottom the bag won’t sit flat.

It’s not a big deal either way if you always top-load the bag or pack it so it’s on its side.

I’d recommend thinking whether you want the pocket on the top of the modeler or the bottom.

If on the top, pedals could press against switches or scribble strips. If on the bottom the bag won’t sit flat.

It’s not a big deal either way if you always top-load the bag or pack it so it’s on its side.
It comes with a padded pocket on front so I assume I can just face the BACK of my FM9 to the pocket so the cables and exp pedals can't scratch or ding it? With the extra padding on the pocket (you gotta pay extra) this makes it even safer.

Last edited:
It comes with a padded pocket on front so I assume I can just face the BACK of my FM9 to the pocket so the cables and exp pedals can't scratch or ding it? With the extra padding on the pocket (you gotta pay extra) this makes it even safer.
After I received my SS bag I had second thoughts and sent it back and had them put in extra thick padding and an interior pocket on the top of the bag that separates the exterior pocket. I can slide in a piece of flexible plastic or high density foam to help protect the FM from anything that I might put in the exterior pocket.

I also went with the leather strips on the bottom of the bag for added protection there.

I’m not sure which one would come with a padded pocket. None of mine have it, and I spec’d out the original FM9 bag they make without it, though it’s optional.

Cables in the pocket can’t scratch the unit through the padding in the main section in the bag. Pedals don’t have sharp corners that I’ve seen and they are still separated from the unit by the padding.

I can slide in a piece of flexible plastic or high density foam to help protect the FM from anything that I might put in the exterior pocket.
Yeah, that’s something we experimented with when designing the FM3+FC6 bag, they’d never tried it before so my bag has them on the top and bottom. After using the bag with the Fractals inside I don’t think I’d order the bag with those particular slots again. Instead, simply laying some flexible cutting board sheets on the top of the modeler or FC would provide similar protection though it wouldn’t be quite as convenient.

They would be helpful if it’s possible that the unit in the bag will have other gear on top of it, maybe like in the trunk of a car. The sheets will spread out any pressure of something pressing against the modeler and let the switches help protect the displays.

I didn’t add the slots on any of my other bags.

Yeah, that’s something we experimented with when designing the FM3+FC6 bag, they’d never tried it before so my bag has them on the top and bottom. After using the bag with the Fractals inside I don’t think I’d order the bag with those particular slots again. Instead, simply laying some flexible cutting board sheets on the top of the modeler or FC would provide similar protection though it wouldn’t be quite as convenient.

They would be helpful if it’s possible that the unit in the bag will have other gear on top of it, maybe like in the trunk of a car. The sheets will spread out any pressure of something pressing against the modeler and let the switches help protect the displays.

I didn’t add the slots on any of my other bags.
I liked the idea for the lid or top of the bag considering the exterior pocket could possibly hold something that might damage the top of the FM. I thought it had merritt so for the few extra bucks I had it done.

I’m not sure which one would come with a padded pocket. None of mine have it, and I spec’d out the original FM9 bag they make without it, though it’s optional.

Cables in the pocket can’t scratch the unit through the padding in the main section in the bag. Pedals don’t have sharp corners that I’ve seen and they are still separated from the unit by the padding.
Yes I meant optional pocket and option padding for pocket. Still haven't decided safest bet where to choose location of pocket.

The second half of my “solution” to the FM9-FC6 + pedals + cables challenge arrived today. Perfect for me, and I’m very happy with it. I can use just the FM9, a pedal or two and cables with one bag, or add the second with the FC6 with more pedals and cables if needed. The pocket on the FC6 (or FM3) bag can accommodate an EV1 and cables, or 2 x EV2s and cables. The pocket on the FM9 bag is even larger. Both have heavy duty shoulder straps, too. Lighter and easier for me not carrying it all in one container. Quite glad I went this way!

For those considering it, double or single padding (or no padding at all!) is specified at ordering. I ordered mine all double-padded, with the leather bottom strips. The padding doesn’t feel huge, and SS described it accurately as “like a nice moving blanket” thickness. Not made to be stacked on; think guitar gig bag. But it does a great job of protecting from scuffing and the light banging about things get while being carried in/out of gigs. If you’re just tossing your gear indiscriminately into an equipment trailer with road cases, these are not for you. They ride just fine on top of the road cases, however.

IMG_0070.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom