Gig bag for FM9,two exp pedals n a FC6 ?

Last edited:
It kinda depends on what sort of punishment you're going to put the bag and its contents through and whether you're navigating through crowds, and how much weight you want on one shoulder.

I had a bag made by Studio Slips that holds a Temple Audio Duo 24 with extra height added so it'd fit the FM9 or FM3+FC6. It's a pretty substantial weight when moving through a house, as the door and frame to my music room can attest to. The bag and board and modeler have always won when there's a contest but the idea of that mass hitting a person when I'm moving fast concerns me. Part of the problem is that it's a long-ish bundle so it tends to spin back and forth when walking so it gets out of control, especially if I have my guitar in a gig bag on the other shoulder.

Back when, I worked packing shipments for the military and if I had to design something to fit the FM9 + FC6 plus some extras, I'd want it to be deep enough to stack the FC6 underneath the FM9, with space for the pedals on either end of the FC6. But that's gonna be a pretty good sized box if there's some padding to protect the equipment. It'd be heavy enough that a bag wouldn't be my choice, I'd want a rolling case that was deep and long enough, but that's not a bag so then I'd think about splitting the load into two to make it easier to control the two. If it was me, I'd have one bag (or case) for the FM9, and a smaller one for the FC6 and pedals. They'd be better balanced and a lot easier to control. And, because the weight is distributed better you can get away with a bag that isn't as expensive, though… I've had two of the Helix bags and their quality isn't what I wanted for my gear, resulting in using Studio Slips for all my bags. You get what you pay for basically.

Just my $0.02.

By far the best FM9 fitted case with room for cables , pedals, expression pedals etc on a budget that can't be beat.

Check out this guys video...Apparently, he bought many cases and found this one the best.

I'm going to get one of these when the time is right.

Last edited:
By far the best FM9 fitted case with room for cables , pedals, expression pedals etc on a budget that can't be beat.

Check out this guys video...Apparently, he bought many cases and found this one the best.

What is the pick holder on his fm9? That’s a solid idea I need to do!

i got this one. i like it a lot. i store the ev2's on the bottom (middle) along w/ cables. i added velcro to the buckles. (there's more buckles than i have hands. this made it easier to open.) then i drilled two holes and added a shoulder strap. no complaints and i nice fit.

Just picked up an FM9 Turbo CLAMSHELL gig bag from Studio Slips this morning. Excellent Value about $105 USD. Plus conversion to CAD and FedEx 4 day Delivery came out to around $200 CAD.

Last edited:
I ordered the Studio Slips double padded bag for the FC6 this morning. It'll match the one I have for the FM9, and provide storage for another expression pedal too.

I used this exact case. Here is mine. It is pretty tight. I had to cut out some of the foam in the inner lid to allow some space around the encoder/joystick knob on the FM9. It is very snug. If I pick it up and shake it around, you can tell everything is super solid within.

IMG_3327.jpeg

IMG_3319.jpeg
IMG_3322.jpeg

I used this exact case. Here is mine. It is pretty tight. I had to cut out some of the foam in the inner lid to allow some space around the encoder/joystick knob on the FM9. It is very snug. If I pick it up and shake it around, you can tell everything is super solid within.

View attachment 130787

View attachment 130786
View attachment 130789
Looks super cool! I wanted to get this one but in the end I opted for the Studio Slips Clamshell gig bag for the FM9 Turbo. I think I made a wise purchase. I just hope my fm9 doesn't move around a lot in the bag and stays sturdly in place. It looks like in your pic above the FM9T is secured firmly. That's my main concern. You see if it moves around a lot in the bag you can end up with scratches and dings on the unit.

Can anyone who has the studio slips Clamshell bags attest to it's ability to hold items sturdly in place without the FM9 turbo and expression pedals etc clashing into each other?

Back
Top Bottom