Gift Of Tone... help, please!

Lee Servis

Inspired
Hello,

I have come to the Gift Of Tone rather late. I've been working abroad a lot over the past year, with no access to any of my units (FX8, AX8, FM3 and FM9) but I plan to be spending way more time with the FM3 and FM9 once I get back to the UK next month.
So I was wondering: do these 'gifts' expire or are they ok still to get in the coming month or so, once I'm back home?
Also, I just happen to be probably the most computer illiterate Fractal user of all time so I was wondering... just how do I get these Gift Of Tones into my FM3 and FM9?
I've no doubt if I did a bit of digging/ research I would find the answer(s), but ever since I joined this wonderful forum in 2018, it's incredibly knowledgeable and generous members have always come to my 'rescue' with answers to my questions very quickly. I've been spoiled.
As always I thank y'all in advance for your time and consideration with my latest query.

If you are on newer firmware now than the firmware at time of release they may sound slightly different than originally intended.

The gifts of tone from 2022 and 2023 are up on the fractal site. If you're concerned they will no longer be available, you could feasibly download them all and email them to yourself for when you are back stateside with your guy.

Many thanks, folks, for the prompt replies - always very much appreciated.
I am currently on the pre-Dyna Cab firmwares for both my FM3 and FM9... so first thing I need to do when I get back to London is update both firmwares.
Goonie: you mention that "Some of them use factory cabs and some don't.You may need to add the user cabs through cab manager". I've never used cab manager before and wouldn't know where to begin, lol. Could I just add in a factory cab inplace of the "user cab" if that doesn't 'transfer' over to my FM9/ FM3?
Thanks again for your time and consideration?

Many thanks, folks, for the prompt replies - always very much appreciated.
I am currently on the pre-Dyna Cab firmwares for both my FM3 and FM9... so first thing I need to do when I get back to London is update both firmwares.
Goonie: you mention that "Some of them use factory cabs and some don't.You may need to add the user cabs through cab manager". I've never used cab manager before and wouldn't know where to begin, lol. Could I just add in a factory cab inplace of the "user cab" if that doesn't 'transfer' over to my FM9/ FM3?
Thanks again for your time and consideration?
You could. However that would alter the presets tone. But you could probably get pretty close by loading up a factory cab in its place. Be sure to add an IR to the cab block though or you not have sound. I do know that the Neil Schon GOT preset uses factory cabs. The Phil Collen preset uses custom IR's for L/R. I don't mess too much with the GOT stuff but have sampled a few.

Back
Top Bottom