Gift of Tone 2023 FINAL - Neal Schon!

On the FM9 version the reverb block doesn't contain the Stratocumulus channel. Is it possible to update the download? Thank you!
Not sure why the reverb is changed. The III version runs at 76% on the FM3. It is set to economy. Maybe it was changed during the import?

Last edited:
The FM3 users can use FracTool to convert the "FM3 file" to a working FM3 file.
Edit:
And I had to reset the amp block to get a sound at all and there was scratchpad selected for the cab.
The Amps get very low input and the input eq has a high pass at 200Hz. Thats low, but lifting it makes no difference to the low level.
So there are some things wrong with this preset.

Last edited:
One bizarre moment really defines Schon in my mind.

What always surprised me most about him was the 900 hour solo section of Stars by Hear-n-Aid. All of these virtuousos were trading measures, and it was Schon's section that actually hit me. I thought, "this is somehow much more awesome, tougher, and more badass." Eloquent description, I know. It was just his attitude in the guitar coming through with pure feel and fire, and every time I've heard it I felt like I could see a rare direct comparison of what makes him special as a player. Not to deride any of the other players at all, but consider this, he wasn't pushing to make his band dark or tough or metal, but, playing with a gaggle of metalheads, he truly sounded more metal than any of them.

I think we all cannot help but to respect the hell out of his musicianship, taste, writing, and phrasing, but that one little section of that bizarre collaboration is what defines him to me, in the best possible way, even if it has nothing to do with his musical career.

So anyway I'm beyond excited to get a small glimpse into his current thinking about tone, and I'm not surprised if it's a simple preset. Tone is all in the mind. To paraphrase what Matt put so eloquently, it takes more than the gear to sound like this motherf**ker.
Believe it or not, I've never heard that(and I'm old enough:wink:), gonna have to go check that out. I must say, though, having been a fan of his from before the first Journey record, your assessment doesn't surprise me. Whatever one may think of Journey, Schon is just a badass musician, period.

The FM3 users can use FracTool to convert the "FM3 file" to a working FM3 file.
This is totally bizarre. Trying to send it direct to FM3 does not work, but doing a save as and then importing the new saved file works. The universe is in a weird mood today

Believe it or not, I've never heard that(and I'm old enough:wink:), gonna have to go check that out. I must say, though, having been a fan of his from before the first Journey record, your assessment doesn't surprise me. Whatever one may think of Journey, Schon is just a badass musician, period.

Check out the video for it. It's the craziest collection of musicians. It's the only time I know of Ronnie James Dio, Geoff Tate, and Rob Halford all singing on the same song.

download these:
I have just reconfirmed that all three of the attached files are functioning on the current unit firmwares and will load with the current editors.

Attachments

• NS GoT 2023 FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 204
  • NS GoT 2023 FM9.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 81
  • NS GoT 2023 III.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom