Gift of Tone 2023 FINAL - Neal Schon!

Did you try the FM3?
Didn't even try - I always load both Axe and Fm3 versions for each GOT, but for this one didn't care - Cooper mentioned in the video it's the same preset for all platforms. But tried it now - no issues, loaded perfectly.

@Chromatizm Can you try exporting your preset and posting it here?
I'm not sure if this is OK with Fractal team if I'll do that even if it is already posted on the site... I've loaded and exported both FM3 and Axe3 versions, ready to share - they are just slightly different with Axe3 version having an empty shunt where Pitch2 should be loaded.
@Admin M@ are you fine if I post presets here?

Reactions: TFC
One bizarre moment really defines Schon in my mind.

What always surprised me most about him was the 900 hour solo section of Stars by Hear-n-Aid. All of these virtuousos were trading measures, and it was Schon's section that actually hit me. I thought, "this is somehow much more awesome, tougher, and more badass." Eloquent description, I know. It was just his attitude in the guitar coming through with pure feel and fire, and every time I've heard it I felt like I could see a rare direct comparison of what makes him special as a player. Not to deride any of the other players at all, but consider this, he wasn't pushing to make his band dark or tough or metal, but, playing with a gaggle of metalheads, he truly sounded more metal than any of them.

I think we all cannot help but to respect the hell out of his musicianship, taste, writing, and phrasing, but that one little section of that bizarre collaboration is what defines him to me, in the best possible way, even if it has nothing to do with his musical career.

So anyway I'm beyond excited to get a small glimpse into his current thinking about tone, and I'm not surprised if it's a simple preset. Tone is all in the mind. To paraphrase what Matt put so eloquently, it takes more than the gear to sound like this motherf**ker.

Found it interesting how he sets the Delay & Reverb. Can anyone school me on the pros/cons of using Input Gain in Series to control the Level?

This one sounds great and functions incredibly well for my playing. Outstanding in every detail.

I guess it's not much of a surprise that I'd take to it, given that Escape was one of the first "guitar albums" that grabbed me when I was young and beautiful :D.

Much thanks to Neal and FAS!

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm having trouble importing the FM3 preset. Preset -> Import Preset is resulting in a blank preset. The previous GoT presets imported without issue.

I've got firmware 7.0 installed. Attached is the preset file included with the download from the GoT page link. Any help would be most appreciated!
Same here. I have the FM3, latest firmware version 7.0, latest FM3 Edit version 1.06.06. I am able to import other GOT presets without issue, but when I import this preset, it is blank. I also tried the FM9 and AXE III files for this preset, but they also are blank.

On the FM9 version the reverb block doesn't contain the Stratocumulus channel. Is it possible to update the download? Thank you!

I have 1.6.5 installed.

EDIT: I installed FM3 edit 1.06.06 and now unable to import. So try 1.06.05.
EDIT: Reinstalled the previous edit, and can't import with that now. Guess I got lucky!
Final EDIT: Looked at found I reinstalled 1.6.6 like a bonehead. Hey I'm still working on my coffee dammit. I installed 1.6.5 and yes I can import.

1703262843832.png

Attachments

• 1703262835347.png
    1703262835347.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom