GIFT OF TONE 2023 #4 - Chris Baseford

is the VH4 already in the FM9? FW 5.0?

I signed up a few days ago. When did you guys receive the preset?
I'll send out an email in the next 24 hours with the FM3 presets as well as the initial one I made on the AxeIII. The other cab block did have an option to be used instead of the recto cab for a different flavor, but ultimately these are meant to be tweaked, so feel free to replace / substitute for a different IR or dynacab.

Hi Chris, I am a little late to the party. So been catching up on your live streams and really digging your GoT preset. Thanks so much for sharing!
Is there a way to catch up on some of the presets you have sent out to subscribers to your site? I subbed the other day.
I use an FM3 for live band use to FOH and in ears for monitors. For recording in Logic Pro I tend to use either and amp or VST. I would be very interested in rock, country, pop, and metal tones and info. I know the Fm3 is limited but might be able to make use of the the blocks from Axe3 to roll my own. Thanks for sharing your experience and talents with the forum.

By the way, I followed a similar path getting to modeling. Started with the red bean then Boss COSM pedal, followed by Helix, and now Fractal which I really enjoy...now trying to decide what to do with all those amps...lol.

Good morning everyone :). I just want to say how awesome it is that you're all excited about the presets we've been giving away over the last few months. I plan on continuing to do so while eventually offering a whole pack for sale at some point. As of right now, I'm only able to send out weekly emails to people on my website subscriber list, so if you're not signed up, go there to do so www.chrisbaseford.com. Eventually I'll get a downloads page where you'll be able to grab these at any time, but for now if you missed something, please be patient and wait until next week and I'll include everything that's been sent out so far.

Also, I only have an AxeFX III Turbo, so I have no way of testing these on other units. JoKer III here in the forum was kind enough to port this to his FM3 and send back to me for sharing with everyone. But beyond that, please understand that we aren't really setup for any kind of "support" at this time. If you do have any technical questions, I'd suggest asking them here and I'm sure someone in this amazing community will chime in to help.

Thanks again for your grace and patience. This is kind of a new endeavor for me and I'm trying to balance it while still producing and mixing records (my day job ;). I'll keep it going as long as there's demand and I have time to make the presets awesome (there's enough half-baked presets out there already). 😉

C.

Good morning everyone :). I just want to say how awesome it is that you're all excited about the presets we've been giving away over the last few months. I plan on continuing to do so while eventually offering a whole pack for sale at some point. As of right now, I'm only able to send out weekly emails to people on my website subscriber list, so if you're not signed up, go there to do so www.chrisbaseford.com. Eventually I'll get a downloads page where you'll be able to grab these at any time, but for now if you missed something, please be patient and wait until next week and I'll include everything that's been sent out so far.

Also, I only have an AxeFX III Turbo, so I have no way of testing these on other units. JoKer III here in the forum was kind enough to port this to his FM3 and send back to me for sharing with everyone. But beyond that, please understand that we aren't really setup for any kind of "support" at this time. If you do have any technical questions, I'd suggest asking them here and I'm sure someone in this amazing community will chime in to help.

Thanks again for your grace and patience. This is kind of a new endeavor for me and I'm trying to balance it while still producing and mixing records (my day job ;). I'll keep it going as long as there's demand and I have time to make the presets awesome (there's enough half-baked presets out there already). 😉

C.
Thanks for all you do here :)

There are pros and cons, but for Fractal presets etc, there's also AxeChange.
You don't HAVE to maintain these resources yourself.

Thanks for all you do here :)

There are pros and cons, but for Fractal presets etc, there's also AxeChange.
You don't HAVE to maintain these resources yourself.
yes, might have to move everything over there. I've had so many conversations with a lot of Fractal users that have "written off" AxeChange because it's kinda hard to filter out the... we'll call them: less desirable presets ;). But yes, might make the most sense if things get a bit too overwhelming ;)

yes, might have to move everything over there. I've had so many conversations with a lot of Fractal users that have "written off" AxeChange because it's kinda hard to filter out the... we'll call them: less desirable presets ;). But yes, might make the most sense if things get a bit too overwhelming ;)
It's tough to filter down to only "the good stuff" in general, but it's super easy the find items posted by someone whose name you know, for instance you.

Just signed up for your mailing list and youtube channel.

How did't I check this thread more often pisses me a lot as you have produced for some of my favourite sounding bands.

More to come :)
Hey Chris,

I just loaded up all the presets and did the trick to disconnect the Send to Output 1 and then also put 20dB levels back to 0 and removed the panning in Output 1. I might be missing something but I recall you saying something in one of your videos about how you lower the output volume. Your presets are much lower than all my others and I'm trying to figure out where in your chain you have the volume dialed back?

I thoroughly enjoyed the YouTube video, particularly on how @cbaseford approaches his workflow. I work in a completely different industry but I can appreciate the approach and am re-thinking a few things (at work) to apply similar approaches. Multiple options on tap, but limited so it's not paralyzing. And within the limits choose tools that give you the most flexibility. It's an approach that can be applied to any professional workflow.

This gear and community are the greatest!

Hey Chris,

I just loaded up all the presets and did the trick to disconnect the Send to Output 1 and then also put 20dB levels back to 0 and removed the panning in Output 1. I might be missing something but I recall you saying something in one of your videos about how you lower the output volume. Your presets are much lower than all my others and I'm trying to figure out where in your chain you have the volume dialed back?

Sorry for the confusion. There was an entirely different thread I was commenting in recently regarding level discrepancies and "unity gain" vs. not, etc. Anyways, I think the fact that there's so much confusion regarding the levels in the the Fractal gear shines a dim light on something that might need to be addressed in the future. Shouldn't be this complicated, right? ;).

Anyways, to answer your question, I don't add the gain back anywhere. In my particular setup, which is basically XLR out 1 into my Avid MTRX (which is a balanced +4 pro level input), my presets typically peak around -10 to -6 depending on the patch. This is plenty of level and never comes close to clipping. Note, my output 1 knob on the front panel is all the way up (the only way for me to correctly recall the exact setting every time since there isn't a detent anywhere). Maybe that's where the extra gain is? Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom