GIFT OF TONE 2023 #4 - Chris Baseford

Although these were intended to be for the people that signed up, feel free to share these presets however you'd like :) But by signing up on my site you ensure you get the latest and greatest as soon as it's sent out. And... there might be something coming in the near future that will make it worth being on the list (vs. just grabbing the files from here) ;)

Either way, hope everyone is finding these presets helpful :). Working on refining a Diezel VH4 preset similar to the Marshall JVM one I just sent out.

www.chrisbaseford.com

Mr. Baseford, thank you so much. The community around this product is truly astounding. I've learned so much from these offerings and appreciate you sharing your expertise with us. I personally loved the livestream to understand your workflow and real-world use cases you employ with fractal, VSTs and amps. Your track record is impressive, and I appreciate being able to learn from these presets. Happy New Year and, again, thank you!
You're so very welcome. Thank you for the kind words. I've been a huge Fractal fan since it came out and am very proud to be a part of its great community. More presets and livestream/videos to come 🤘🤘

Although these were intended to be for the people that signed up, feel free to share these presets however you'd like :) But by signing up on my site you ensure you get the latest and greatest as soon as it's sent out. And... there might be something coming in the near future that will make it worth being on the list (vs. just grabbing the files from here) ;)

Either way, hope everyone is finding these presets helpful :). Working on refining a Diezel VH4 preset similar to the Marshall JVM one I just sent out.

www.chrisbaseford.com
@cbaseford Chris, I have removed my post with the file and sincerely apologize for my grievous mistake to you especially and everyone else on this forum. I was a dumbass period.

Love your work, your Fractal presets. the working templates and how you explain your work flows to us, the forum members.

Once again, so sorry.
Rich
Rock on Brother

@cbaseford Chris, I have removed my post with the file and sincerely apologize for my grievous mistake to you especially and everyone else on this forum. I was a dumbass period.

Love your work, your Fractal presets. the working templates and how you explain your work flows to us, the forum members.

Once again, so sorry.
Rich
Rock on Brother
No apologies necessary :). I'm happy that everyone here is excited about what I'm sharing and wants to help spread it around. No worries at all :)

Hi all :). Got another "guitar tone" focussed livestream happening Friday Jan.12 @ 6pm PST on YouTube. I'll be picking up from where I left off on the last one. Focussing mainly on the Cab Sim / IR section of amp modelers, but will have a free-for-all Q&A. Just be sure to subscribe to my channel so you will have the ability to join in the Chat. Hope to see you there.

Hi all :). Got another "guitar tone" focussed livestream happening Friday Jan.12 @ 6pm PST on YouTube. I'll be picking up from where I left off on the last one. Focussing mainly on the Cab Sim / IR section of amp modelers, but will have a free-for-all Q&A. Just be sure to subscribe to my channel so you will have the ability to join in the Chat. Hope to see you there.

Looking forward to seeing this 👍

Thanks for watching. Yeah, I find that's an easy trap to fall into.
I was always tepid on cutting as much as you did in the video until I saw you do it, I decided to give it a try on one of my tones and it worked just fine without neutering the sound. Handy little tip, thank you. The streams are great to watch. Looking forward to watching more of them.

@cbaseford another great video Chris - though I’d recommend checking out pro-chef-forum.com and seeing the absolute flamethrowing keyboard combat that goes on between the stainless steel crew and the cast iron skillet brigade - amps V modellers has got NOTHING on pan wars!!

@cbaseford another great video Chris - though I’d recommend checking out pro-chef-forum.com and seeing the absolute flamethrowing keyboard combat that goes on between the stainless steel crew and the cast iron skillet brigade - amps V modellers has got NOTHING on pan wars!!
hahahahaha. WOW. I had no idea. This is awesome. Nice to know guitarists/studio cats aren't the only crazies out there, hahahahaha!!!!

I was always tepid on cutting as much as you did in the video until I saw you do it, I decided to give it a try on one of my tones and it worked just fine without neutering the sound. Handy little tip, thank you. The streams are great to watch. Looking forward to watching more of them.
Don't be too precious!!! Grab and go!!! 🤘 🤘

Thanks to the amazing response and feedback, I've decided to devote some time to build out a "preset pack" that I will eventually make available for sale. In preparation for that, I'd like to request some additional info from Fractal users so that I can make sure I provide something that is useful and of value. So if you're so inclined to help, here's what I'm interested in knowing:
1) what Fractal unit do you use (Axe III, FM9, etc.)?
2) what type of sounds do you need/want (rank in order of importance): clean, edge of breakup, crunch, heavy, lead/solo, special fx?
3) what other packs have you purchased in the past? What do you like/dislike about them?
4) do you prefer preset packs that utilize stock IRs/DynaCab, or include/require add-on IR's

Thank you for your help :)

C.

Thanks to the amazing response and feedback, I've decided to devote some time to build out a "preset pack" that I will eventually make available for sale. In preparation for that, I'd like to request some additional info from Fractal users so that I can make sure I provide something that is useful and of value. So if you're so inclined to help, here's what I'm interested in knowing:
2) what type of sounds do you need/want (rank in order of importance): clean, edge of breakup, crunch, heavy, lead/solo, special fx?
3) what other packs have you purchased in the past? What do you like/dislike about them?
4) do you prefer preset packs that utilize stock IRs/DynaCab, or include/require add-on IR's

C.
1.AXE FX III
2. Crunch, lead Solo, maybe also something like the Plini sound
3. I have never found a package that would satisfy me. The sound was always dry, empty, lacking any life, thickness or width. They were significantly different from the presentation on YouTube. I would like to find one in which I wouldn't have to change or add anything, the sound would be full, thick and fat. I don't know if it's possible :)
4. Stock IR, include/require add-on IR's
:D

Last edited:

C.
I have the Austin Buddy packs and some of the toneforge packs and I haven't found anything that sounded good with my tastes. The Austin packs are more for live sounds and I am only into recording. I would love to get a modern metal sound, ie, Clayton King, Periphery etc. Clean, EOB, and some Ambient sounds, I'd like to see your take on ambient for sure. I have most of the major IR packs so either or would be cool. Axefx 3

C.
-FM3
-Heavy, crunch, special FX
-Austin Buddy- loved the amp presets but always found I had to majorly tweak the -Cab blocks
-stock IRs and Dynacabs

Back
Top Bottom