GIFT OF TONE 2023 #1 - Aaron Marshall of I N T Ξ R V Λ L S

The Band Commander Clean scene is great and I like the the HBE V3 a lot too... I did notice something funky though. The blocks saved to my library which is cool but if I select them it overrides settings on my other channels of that block. How can I fix this?

Something I noticed that I like the sound of is the -1 cut in the 250k on the amp block graphic eq. Subtle but seems to sweeten it up a bit.

The blocks saved to my library which is cool but if I select them it overrides settings on my other channels of that block. How can I fix this?
When saving the block, select the top option "save channel" instead of "save the whole block including controllers"

Awesome early Christmas gift, thanks Aaron and @Admin M@, we must have made the "nice" list!!

I sure hope Santa Dave Murray Claus comes down the GoT chimney this year!!!! UP THE IRONS!! ;)
That would be such a dream come true, I have recently joined an iron maiden tribute band and playing Dave's parts, and I've been tone chasing for weeks. The JMPRE-1 sounds pretty good, yet it's hard to find the exact tone (not really any useable isolated live guitar tracks to be found to compare). So it would be interesting to see what he uses exactly live!

That would be such a dream come true, I have recently joined an iron maiden tribute band and playing Dave's parts, and I've been tone chasing for weeks. The JMPRE-1 sounds pretty good, yet it's hard to find the exact tone (not really any useable isolated live guitar tracks to be found to compare). So it would be interesting to see what he uses exactly live!
Same here. I played an Iron Maiden tribute show and this IR pack was god send. https://audioassault.mx/collections/irs/products/mr-shall-silver-87-ir-pack

Same here. I played an Iron Maiden tribute show and this IR pack was god send. https://audioassault.mx/collections/irs/products/mr-shall-silver-87-ir-pack
Thanks for the tip, looks like a brilliant cab! It had me at G12T-75!! 🤘 For $5, I gave it a shot, I still use legacy cabs a lot so this will fit right in there.

Nice, very fun! Never did a full IM tribute but played soooo many IM songs in many working bands since the 80s. I know, it seems impossible to dial in Mr. Murray's tone accurately. Always close...the Fractal can definitely nail it, just need the magic formula! I dream amd hope for a Dave GoT contribution. He's a fantastic nice fella, they all are (Nikko is a riot!!), I suspect if he was approached he'd happily contribute. Now he just needs to convince Ade to jump on the Fractal Juggernaut!! ;) Best of luck with the band, hope we see some live clips here one of these days!

Thanks for the tip, looks like a brilliant cab! It had me at G12T-75!! 🤘 For $5, I gave it a shot, I still use legacy cabs a lot so this will fit right in there.

Nice, very fun! Never did a full IM tribute but played soooo many IM songs in many working bands since the 80s. I know, it seems impossible to dial in Mr. Murray's tone accurately. Always close...the Fractal can definitely nail it, just need the magic formula! I dream amd hope for a Dave GoT contribution. He's a fantastic nice fella, they all are (Nikko is a riot!!), I suspect if he was approached he'd happily contribute. Now he just needs to convince Ade to jump on the Fractal Juggernaut!! ;) Best of luck with the band, hope we see some live clips here one of these days!
There's a document shared by Circle of Tone where they showed they used the EV speaker in the early albums, that's the one I use :D

Agreed, the tools are there to do it, just need to know how to get there :D I'm slowly crafting it closer and closer to the sound I think he uses, it feels like a sculpture.
They are great guys indeed, his guitar tech Colin Price has been pretty transparent with what type of gear he uses, but not really the exact settings. Also I believe he's still finetuning the sound every show anyway, and then there's the FOH that has some effects and EQ going on too. (and then there's the way Dave plays obviously).

Thanks! Our first show will be around march/april 2024, will post on here for sure

I see the preset has a highcut at 6k. Is this intended for live use or studio? To me it seems a bit bright for loud live use but my ears may be broken. I know he usually has darker tones so i'm wondering if these are recording patches since bright tones work great there.

For some reason, the AxeFXIII version of this preset won't load for me. After importing it, I just am left with an empty preset page. I can import the FM9 and FM3 versions with no problem. Anyone else encounter this? I'm on the latest Axe-Edit and firmware (23.04 AxeFxIII).

For some reason, the AxeFXIII version of this preset won't load for me. After importing it, I just am left with an empty preset page. I can import the FM9 and FM3 versions with no problem. Anyone else encounter this? I'm on the latest Axe-Edit and firmware (23.04 AxeFxIII).

Latest firmware is 23.05

The "2203 x 1981" scene has the Revv Green. Is that not supposed to be the 2203 model? Not saying it sounds bad, just seems like an oops?

Awesome! They sounded great with TesseracT in Nashville, and I know they use the Axe-FX III live.
I wonder if this is Aaron's live preset?

The "2203 x 1981" scene has the Revv Green. Is that not supposed to be the 2203 model? Not saying it sounds bad, just seems like an oops?
Ah. Thanks to John Cordy, this makes sense now. The 2203 shows up in the axe fx version correctly but the FM9 and FM3 versions don't have that particular model yet. 👍

(Praying for new FM9 firmware soon)

Please note that scene 3 on this preset used an amp that is not available on the FM9 and FM3.
Aaron "Remixed" that scene using the BRIT 800. Mark Day is getting the files ready and they'll be on the server today.

Back
Top Bottom