Gift of Tone #18 - JASON RICHARDSON

this is awesome! but I have to ask, and sorry if this is a dumb question, since Jason's rig is stereo, will converting it to mono (removing the panning from the 2 cabs in each scene, and removing stereo spread from FX) ruin or lessen the quality of the preset? since most of us run mono live and at home anyway... and I suppose the same can be asked for Steve Vai's gift of tone blocks: will converting them to mono ruin their "effect"?

this is awesome! but I have to ask, and sorry if this is a dumb question, since Jason's rig is stereo, will converting it to mono (removing the panning from the 2 cabs in each scene, and removing stereo spread from FX) ruin or lessen the quality of the preset? since most of us run mono live and at home anyway... and I suppose the same can be asked for Steve Vai's gift of tone blocks: will converting them to mono ruin their "effect"?
I think all of these GoT presets/effects are going to sound different than they do for the people that provided them. I did make some changes in Jason’s because I’m not running stereo and found that they still sounded great as a base for a tone. Experiment! :)

Back
Top Bottom