Gift of Tone #15 - PHIL COLLEN of DEF LEPPARD

I'm blown away! This is the preset I was hoping would be in the gift of tone series. Can't wait to get home and load this one up. Thank you SOOOO much to Phil and FAS!

Just one cool GoT after another. This is far surpassing anything I thought it would be. Thank You Phil and FAS!!💫

That Jackson was pretty sweet.

I've never downloaded a preset so fast! I can't even believe we live in a world where this stuff is possible!!

First impressions of the preset is it's pretty dark sounding. But I guess when you're playing at stadium levels that's to be expected.

Was surprised not to see a drive pedal in the front end.

I'm pretty sure I saw John or Viv's tech Scott talking about York Audio IR's. I think John is on this forum so it would be great if you can confirm this is the actual cab sim/IR Phil uses for this preset...?

Also, I wonder what Ronan the sound guy does (if anything) with the EQ on his end.

Thanks again!

I've never downloaded a preset so fast! I can't even believe we live in a world where this stuff is possible!!

First impressions of the preset is it's pretty dark sounding. But I guess when you're playing at stadium levels that's to be expected.

I'm pretty sure I saw John or Viv's tech Scott talking about York Audio IR's. I think John is on this forum so it would be great if you can confirm this is the actual cab sim/IR Phil uses for this preset...?

Also, I wonder what Ronan the sound guy does (if anything) with the EQ on his end.

Thanks again!
Using the metal pick like Phil does may get rid of some of the darkness. The metal pick adds more presence. The Super 3 is so high output and has a lot of mids so I assume the preset is designed for that pickup.

Thanks again!
I have found that most presets I need to turn up the neg feedback and presence. This quickly rectifies most issues IMO.

Thanks again!
Every pre set I have ever downloaded sounded different than thru the DAW the vid was made with. Plus your monitors FRFR room guitar ect obviously makes a difference. Just tweak for room and all those variables!

I will try it tonight! :D

Oh ok, when you said “too bad the IR isn’t included” I thought you meant there’s something missing.

Sorry, no. When I watched John's description on YT I had the impression that the 3 cabs they blended would actually result in a cab IR coming with the preset. The preset still sounds great, just needed a few minor tweaks to make it mine.

Sorry, no. When I watched John's description on YT I had the impression that the 3 cabs they blended would actually result in a cab IR coming with the preset. The preset still sounds great, just needed a few minor tweaks to make it mine.
I don’t have my fractal unit handy right now, but what are the JMP-1 settings? That’s something I have wondered for years.

Man...this is so freakin' cool. When I purchased my Axe III a few months ago, it was primarily due to seeing the Def Leppard rig rundown and promo videos for Fractal products. Can't wait to get home and try this out!!! Thanks FAS and Phil!!!!

Back
Top Bottom