Gibsunday: Another one!

Budda

Axe-Master
Short version: The 2007 Classic I picked up is a nice guitar but didn't bond as I had hoped, so I decided "hell yeah gold still rules" and set out to find a nice standard or reasonably priced R7 without the massive shoulders of olde. Cue this 2020 single owner 50's standard GT.

8lb 15oz of dark board goodness!

front-1-jpeg.688951

body-front-2-jpeg.688952

back-1-jpeg.688953

Short version: The 2007 Classic I picked up is a nice guitar but didn't bond as I had hoped, so I decided "hell yeah gold still rules" and set out to find a nice standard or reasonably priced R7 without the massive shoulders of olde. Cue this 2020 single owner 50's standard GT.

front-1-jpeg.688951

body-front-2-jpeg.688952

back-1-jpeg.688953

I really like the new standards ,amazing value. One thing though I would have to swap the pickguard and surrounds for historic style. OCD yes but I can't keep that bevel on the pickguard or the hight of the surrounds.

I really like the new standards ,amazing value. One thing though I would have to swap the pickguard and surrounds for historic style. OCD yes but I can't keep that bevel on the pickguard or the hight of the surrounds.
I usually keep the neck pickup farther from the strings for balance and yeah, I am debating new rings just to not stare every time I glance down 😂. Cant say I noticed the pickguard!

I was surprised to see this has the flathead screws for pickup adjustment, but with the yellow switch tip now it makes sense that they went more historically accurate.

Tonally I think its pretty 50’s LP.

I usually keep the neck pickup farther from the strings for balance and yeah, I am debating new rings just to not stare every time I glance down 😂. Cant say I noticed the pickguard!

I was surprised to see this has the flathead screws for pickup adjustment, but with the yellow switch tip now it makes sense that they went more historically accurate.

Tonally I think its pretty 50’s LP.
The only other thing that bothers me about mine is it has one piece bridge adjusters, that's to say the thumbwheels aren't independent from the shafts, have to agree about the surrounds.

Last edited:

front-1-jpeg.688951

body-front-2-jpeg.688952

back-1-jpeg.688953

Purty!

Hosco make a light cream set for no money that is right all but the m69 marking. Failing that the Gibson ones are not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom