Gibson Les Paul studio with aftermarket evertune, or ESP with evertune already installed?

Gibson Les Paul studio with aftermarket evertune, or ESP with evertune already installed?

Just figured I’d throw it out, I has stufio which sounded great, but literally 5 min of playing, that g string was just an issue and many luthier trips later, but always came back quicker or later. Saw a Gibson Les Paul with an evertune, and it seemed phenomenal, my guestion is, the ESP (Duncan version with jb 4) with evertune sees to make some good sounding guitar with the evertune installed. So in that $2000 price range (Ewould you go with the Gibson which would essentially a Gibson that actually stays in tune, or go for the ESP?

Will mainly be tracking pop punk meets hard rock. Not too much metal, just wanted the best for the studio?

Thank you

i'd get the lp, w/o the et, but that's me, that is unless you like shredding then esp possibly better, is et deal breaker? get what you like... only you know.

I was just wondering what was going to give me the best studio sounds. Love the Gibson sound, just tunng issues always been an issue with the ones I have. Just was curious this evening if the evertune could still give me a good studio track for the rock stuff

cant comment too much on your studio sound comment but depending on the studio no mater what your playing on can sound completely different with some studio magic, if i was going into one now with chops in hand I'd bring my best ax/s I'm comfortable with and go with that, for sure restring, intonation, lube nut etc and run with it, but that's just me.

I was just wondering what was going to give me the best studio sounds. Love the Gibson sound, just tunng issues always been an issue with the ones I have. Just was curious this evening if the evertune could still give me a good studio track for the rock stuff

Do you want a les paul tone or a singlecut tone? Most guitars made since the early 2000's will sound at minimum "ok" in a studio setting.

If you know what you're doing you'll be able to make either one sound good.

Evertune is a good idea if you're going to be recording and are sick and tired of tuning instability. Yeah, everyone has their $0.02 on the ET. Mine is, I own guitars with and without Evertune (Also my sons guitar is the LTD EC with ET and Duncans. It's great!). If I am recording something it's always with the ET guitars.

That said, just get the LTD with it already installed. Less of a headache in the long run. Also easier to sell should you ultimately decide that being in tune isn't for you ;).

Having owned a Les Paul Studio, and a current EC-1000ET owner, I will take the ESP any day of the week. They're just better built guitars. Also, all the new 1000 series guitars in 2022 come with stainless frets standard.

I'm confused-I though both of these guitars have the Evertune bridge?

Back
Top Bottom